Ai-Vy threw up a couple more times last night and keep stirring wanting her milk bottle. We put Pedialyte with some water into her bottle and give it to her. She drank it down and I had to yank it away from her fearing she'll drink too much and vomit again. The poor thing got mad and upset every time I yank the bottle from her. One time after I yank the bottle away from her, I put it next to my pillow. She screamed "MAAA MAAA" and look at me like "why are you doing this to me? I don't understand." and then reach over me putting her hand underneath my pillow trying to find the bottle. It breaks my heart having to deprive her the bottle but I didn't want her to get sick again. She finally went back to sleep. The next time she woke up and she would take her hand to clutch the bottle so I can't yank it away from her. It's so sad that I just let her finish out the Pedialyte/water bottle. She went back to sleep and I put a towel next to her laying there waiting for her to throw up. She never did but woke up at 5 a.m. and again chomping on her pacifier looking for the bottle. I asked Hieu to refill the Pedialyte and this time just follow my gut and let her finish the entire bottle. I figure if she really want it so bad then maybe she's not too nauseous. She went back to sleep and I again drape a towel across her. She miraculously slept until past 6 with no problem. She woke up with a dirty diaper and hungrily eat a lot of cereal afterward so I was encouraged. She saw some mac and cheese and wanted some so we cautiously gave it to her. She seem to hold down her solids just fine and we couldn't be happier.
By 10 a.m. she was getting crabby and we thought since she could hold down her solids as well as the macaroni and cheese so I braved it and give her the milk bottle she's been wanting. She greedily took it down as I keep a close eye on her. She was fine after the bottle and Hieu and I was just on cloud nine.
Ky-An slept through the whole night wonderfully except for some whimpering. He woke up asking for Pho, a Vietnamese noodle, and Hieu happily went out at 7 a.m. to find him some. He was so excited when Hieu came home with the food that Hieu and I were giddy. He hungrily ate some Pho with chicken and went about playing, almost running at times. It seems like he's well on his way back to being a little energetic happy boy we love.
4 comments:
Glad you are feeling better and the kids too. We are all sick her so I feel your pain. Thinking of you.
I'm glad to hear the news.....
Oh it's so heart wrenching watching them sick! Logan always got more sick than Sylvie, I think men are just like that sometimes. You are doing a great job! Keep up those mommy and daddy hugs!
I know how you feel. I'm in the exact same boat. I'm trying to be understanding cause they don't feel well and are crankier than normal but I want to pull my hair out and scream "I don't feel well either!". But of course, I don't. I sigh and try to keep it together.
Post a Comment