This is the second worst Thanksgiving I've had (the first one was when we found out our maternal grandmother passed away in Vietnam and I didn't get a chance to come back and re-visit her). Thanksgiving day was great. It was my first time baking the turkey and cooking gravy and dressing by myself. I wasn't nervous because I know that my family would be fine no matter what. My sister and I ran to some CVS to run the Black Friday deals early in the morning. The ones around our house ran out of everything already so we decide to run to the CVSes near my work that is 30 minutes away. My sister drove and we got almost everything we need at the first one. The second one wouldn't take any printables and the manager is rude. We are beat after that and decide to drive home so I can start cooking. It's such a let down from last year's Black Friday at CVS. I guess we have too many competition in our city now and it's a pain. Last year I was virtually the only one shopping on Thursday at any of the CVS. I was even able to come back on Friday and still go stuff!
My turkey got done early so I had to re-heat it for dinner. Everything was great except my dressing recipe was a little mushy and my sister's fried turkey was a little raw at one part.
Friday morning Ky-An woke up and started throwing up (he didn't have any of the fried turkey). I t hought he was done so I decide to take him to Michaels with me to get some baskets. He threw up again before we got in the car but then he looked fine so I thought itw as over. Hieu gave me some bad directions to the store so I end up driving around for 45 minutes and Ky-An threw up again in his carseat. I thought I was almost to the store and my sister's nanny was in the backseat with him so I keep telling him to hold on and the poor guy was crying. (I know..bad mommy.) I pulled over and changed him then drove to Michael's. Hieu and my brother -in-law was nearby so they came by as we pulled up and took Ky-An home. He threw up throughout the day and could barely hold any water nor eat anything. We called the doctor and she said to just keep him hydrated and check to make sure he still has wet diapers, which he does.
It's so sad your child so sick. He's pretty tired from all the vomitting and just laid at one place and watch his cousins play. He could barely talk and is very clingy to Hieu. We got towels and several outfits ready for him for that night and he threw up twice. Once was my fault because his stomach was gurgling but he asked for milk and I was so excited he wanted something that I gave it to him. He threw up as soon as he drink it. He would only sleep on the glider with one of us holding him all weekend. I tried to put him down on the bed once and he keep stirring and coughing until he threw up.
Saturday was the second day he won't eat anything and we are getting worry. We called the on-call pediatrician again and she said to give him whatever he wants. It's bad advice I think because Hieu gave him some fruit rollups and he threw it right up. The pediatrician also told us that if he won't eat anything by this evening that we have to take him to the ER. I cooked up some broth and give/forces it into him in a syringe. He took a piece of cracker and is still drinking his water. He got upstet when he woke up from his nap and discover his cousins getting dressed to go out and he has to stay home. It's hard to see your child upset doing what you know is best for him,
That evening, I was getting desperate so I asked Hieu's brother to get Hieu some dinner and some tater tots for Ky-An. You should've seen the look on his face when he saw the tater tots. We were getting so excited because he's actually excited about seeing food. Everything looked so promising and he eagerly took one and put it in his mouth. Me and Hieu were grinning to each other and look at him full of hope. Unfortunately he stopped short after one and didn't want anymore.
I was hoping and praying all night that he would wake up hungry and is miraculously recovered but today is even more heartbreaking. He is extremely tired because he hasn't eat much in three days. You can actually see him got skinny and his face is pale. He just lays at one place all day and keep falling in and out of sleep. I was afraid he was lethargic so I asked Hieu to call the on-call pediatrician again. She informed us that it's normal for him to be exhausted since he hasn't eat for a couple of days. She told us to try and give him some more solid-typ food so this evening I was able to coax him to eat about 10 spoons of noodles. It was like Christmas came early for Hieu and I. He was also able to hold it down so it's promising.
We plan to keep him home tomorrow and monitor him to make sure he's really better.
2 comments:
I hope the lil' boy gets better soon!! It is definitely heartbreaking when you see them sick and you do everything you possibly can to get them better, but all fails... cuddles are the best remedy! Pedialyte?? Gatorade for hydration....
Oh no! Poor Ky-An. That sounded awful. I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you would have liked. I was surprised at my competition too. When I got to CVS, there were already 4 people outside waiting for opening.
Post a Comment