Monday, January 29, 2007

Party is over...


Gosh so much to post about today. First of all Ky-An started walking on Saturday!!!! Yeah, we were so excited. He took 2 steps on Saturday morning and was doing about 10 steps last night. It is so exciting to see my baby walking around and he was so excited also.

We spent the whole day yesterday recuperating from the party. Party was a great success!! Yeah!! Glad all our hard work paid off. I took off early on Friday and had to run to 4 Party Cities to get all the stuff because my ebay order never arrived. I had so much to do and had cooked some soup for Hieu's family to eat because they are flying in and should have something home-made. Luckily I have lots of help from my brother-in-law, my sister, and her boyfriend. Joseph (BIL) tied ribbons to the photo cubes for me and my sister's boyfriend fill the treat bags for the kids. We get up at 6 a.m. the next morning to get everything ready.
Hieu made these photo cubes for the adult party favors:
My firsts - I copied this idea off a lady on my Babycenter January '06 board:

The ceremony was great and Ky-An picked a plane and a book. That means he may be a pilot and is good academically. I hope so! He was also going to pick the sticky rice but he keep poking around at it and won't pick it up so my mom said it doesn't count. I guess that means he'll be interested in food but it won't be a life career..haha. After that we opened presents from our family. It was already 2 by the time all that was done and the party is at 3p.m. I had to go put Ky-An down for a quick nap before his party and everyone scatter around to go pick up food and cakes.

Check out Ky-An's bling bracelet. It's a present from my older sisters: Offering to the ancestors: The buffet table:
Guests start arriving at 3 and they still weren't back with the food! I was getting a bit stress..haha. Luckily Ky-An slept until 4 but when he get out to the living room, I think he was a bit overwhelmed with the crowd that was there. After the crowd left, he seem a bit more relaxed. I am so happy everyone seem to have a great time at the party, especially the kids. I was depress when the forecast said 70-90% chance of rain because I really want to put up the moonwalk. Luckily it only rained at night and early in the morning. By the time the party came around, it was sunny and dry. The kids also had a blast with the pinata and all of Ky-An's toys. Everyone keep saying he has so much toys but I didn't think so. LOL. I love the new way they make the pinatas now. Instead of each kid taking turn hitting the pinata (so dangerous in my opinion), they have about 20 ribbbons tied to the pinata and each kid takes turn pulling on one. One of them opens up the latch and lets out all the candies. So much fun!

The moonwalk:
Pinata time: The crowd (luckily they were spread throughout the house and outside so it wasn't too cramped):
I went through all the trouble of getting Ky-An's cake but he didn't much care for it..haha. Figures. Either he was too tired or too lazy to eat the cake. He'll eat it if we feed the cake to him but refuse to get into it and eat it himself. I think there was about 2 holes in the $25 cake I got him. I stuck it in the freezer because I didn't want it to go to waste. Not sure what I am going to do with it though.
The cake for the guest. It was so yummy!
His smash cake:

After the cake and opening of present, everyone left with their kids because they are getting tired at about 5p.. The party is not over though because some more of my friends came at that time and we were hanging out with them until about 7. Hieu was a soldier and went out to cook crawfish and crab for the family in the evening. We had so much crawfish also that I had to call some of my friends that live close by to come back and help us eat. We even pack togo for them but there was still A LOT left.

We had so much leftovers that there was no space left in our fridge. I had to beg people to take some home. Even with that everytime we open the fridge yesterday, something falls out..hahah. We had to leave the cake and some other stuff out until yesterday. Ate it one last time and had to throw the rest away. So wasteful I know but they were getting spoiled.

All in all it's a wonderful party and it's worth all the trouble that we went through to plan it. Ky-An received $750 in cash along with all his presents. We had to put a lot of his toys away in the closet and are going to put his money either in his education fund or a savings. As I said before, we only went all out at this party because I felt like I had to make it up to him for not really "celebrating" while I was pregnant. Of course not all his party are going to be this extravagant. He's going to be expecting it every year and we can't have that.

4 comments:

asiangard said...

OMG!! it looks like such a great party!! I love his cake too! The food looks so yummy!
He looks so happy as well!
I bet you are so tired!
I am excited next week for Bailey's party!
That is so exciting that KyAn began to walk too! Yay!!

Juliet said...

The party looks like it was awesome! I'm sure you are happy that it all turned out well.
And congratulations to KyAn on walking! How exciting!

Lauren said...

I tried to post this yesterday, but got an error message...

Anyhoo...Way to go KyAn on learning to walk! That's funny, Jocelyn started walking within the week of her 1st birthday as well. Oh, the fun begins...

The party looks like a huge success. All that food looks so yummy--why don't you ship some of the leftovers up north for us? Hopefully you guys are enjoying some downtime this week--you've earned it!

Anonymous said...

Wow what an amazing party!! Right down to the blow up jumpy-in thing outside!! Happy birthday KyAn! I came across your blog via Juliet and had to comment. The photo blocks are a neat idea also!!