Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hibernation

So it's been freezing cold yesterday and today and what did I do? Stay the heck home!! Heheh, yesterday I "work from home" and kept Ky-An home with me. I am so fortunate to work at a place where I have that option. I really do not want Ky-An to go to the babysitter in this cold weather. He was a fussy butt yesterday and I am not sure why. He wanted my to hold him all day, whined all day, and won't stay still at any place. I am not sure why he wasn't happy because he ate just fine and slept 4 hours during the day. I've also taken him off milk until the rash on his butt cleared off so it can't be that. The only explaination I have is that his canines are cutting through and it's bothering him. Either that or he gets to stay home with me so he wants me to hold him. It's okay, cuddling with him is especially nice in this weather.

My work is closed today..Yeah!! I was hoping for it last night because Hieu has to take his little brother to court this morning (don't ask) and so I will have to drop Ky-An off. The thought of dragging myself and Ky-An out in that cold is not fun at all. I don't know how you guys do it living in those cold cold places. I get chills just thinking about it. Can you tell I hate the cold? hehe. My sister actually went to school today even though I told her not to. She said she has clinic and has to go (to Optometry school). She said "Chau, you hibernate when it's too cold". I am not going to deny it. I am a warm-blooded creature and cannot take anything below 50 degrees, thank you. ^_^

I just love staying home with KyAn, fussy butt and all. I felt a bit bad because I think I spent to much time on the computer than spending it with him. Luckily he loves sitting at Hieu's desk and mess with his keyboard..hehe. He will now move his hands up and down when you tell him "bye bye". It's the cutest thing. Today Hieu told him to say "Uncle Joseph" and he repeats it almost perfect. Not sure if he will remember it nor if he knows what it mean yet. Regardless, he's learning so many things all at once and we are so excited to see it. Now if he'll just get up and walk or crawl then we will be super excited. Move baby move!!!!

Okay I am so mad at myself..ARRGGHHHH!! I can hit myself over the head repeatedly for this. Ky-An was napping just fine when I just HAD to go in an d check on him. I notice that he was sweaty so I pulled the blanket off of him. Of course I can't leave good enough alone. I then decide to move him off his pillow to a dryer spot since his pillow is all wet from his sweat. He saw me and starts waking up and things just progess to worst there. I could not get him to go back to sleep for the life of me. So guess who wants me to hold him with puffy red eyes now??!! I don't know why I can't leave well enough alone. He probably will be exhausted around 6p.m. and will wake up at 5a.m....UGH!!!

4 comments:

asiangard said...

Haha, I know about cold...but 50* would feel warm right now! hehe
I did the same thing to Kai-Li last night I went to check on her, and she saw me and cried to go in my bed with me!...needless to say, I didn't sleep well with her hogging all my room!!
What is it with brothers in law and court....my BIL is also going to court...but he is guilty! oh well...

Chau said...

Rhiannon,

My brother-in-law is guilty also. He was caught shoplifting..a paint gun. It's not like he even needs one. He has 7 in his room!!! He's currently living with us and it's like trying to raise a long lost teenage kid. It hasn't been easy but hopefully he will change after this.

Off topic, is there a better way to respond to a comment than this?

Juliet said...

I grew up in Michigan, and now live in Illinois. So I've been through winters like this (and worse) all my life. But you know what, I still can't handle the cold. I am such a wussy! I think I may have been cosmically misplaced into the midwest at birth. LOL William doesn't have preschool on Wednesday, so we stayed in and hibernated, too! I even stayed in my pajamas all day!

Lauren said...

Man, Cindy--I don't know what you'd do if you lived near me, it's dropping down to the teens at night. Talk about friggin' cold. No snow yet though, so that's good.

I have a feeling that Ky-An's going to be one of those kids who goes straight to walking and just skips over the whole crawling thing, you know? Smart kid--who wants to crawl around on those tender knees anyway?