Thursday, January 11, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!!


I am so full today!! I took off today to go shop for a dress and get a pedicure. Accomplished both! Yeah. I found a dress that actually fit me. It's bright red so it's going to blind everyone at the party..hehe.

Hieu came home to pick me up for lunch and surprised me with a beautiful bouqet of flowers. I love getting flowers! Hieu surprised me and took me to a restaurant in the Montrose called Michaelangelo's. So yummy!! We had escargot for appetizers, then I had an asparagus salad and a snapper dish. After I drank my coffee, they brought out a tiramisu cake with a candle on it. So good. We had to to-go most of the food because I told Hieu if I eat another bite I may throw up. :P

Afterward I went to get my nails done and that's always fun. I went to the mall to find a dress for the dinner on Saturday. Of course most of them don't fit me but I found one that fit and look semi-decent. I also got a nice homemade birthday card from Joseph, my brother-in-law. He put lots of effort into it so I am very touched. Hieu got me the NAS system for me to record tv shows on and stuff. It's okay if you don't know what that is. It's a VERY techie-geek thing. My sister already got me shoes for Christmas and birthday but her boyfriend, Chi, decide to get me another gift!! I know, I am spoil. =) He got me this cool cover for my ipod and it can be prop up so I can watch movies and stuff. Very cool and very thoughtful. Chi is a very good guy. I am so glad he's with my sister. My oldest sister, Thuy, got me a sweater (that I went to the store and picked out myself!). Very customized..haha. My dad got me Old Navy jeans. I felt bad, I forgot to call my parents to thank them. What a spoil brat!

I didn't get out of the mall until 5p.m. Of course I got lost and can't remember where I parked so it took a while to get to my car. Me and my sense of directions!! When I finally got to my car, I was driving like a madwoman to pick up Ky-An since Hieu has to go to the grocery store took cook dinner tonight (a rare occasion). I keep hitting traffic and was getting so frustrated. I keep imagine Ky-An face looking at the door waiting for us to come and get him. It took me about 40 minutes to get the babysitter's house and it was the longest 40 minutes ever. After I picked him up I felt better. He didn't want me to leave him so he was fighting me in the carseat. I finally gave him an empty water bottle to play with and he was happy. He keep cracking up laughing in the back and I was laughing with him. He dropped the bottle halfway home and was whining the whole time. If fell to his feet and he was facing back so there was nothing I can do. I try to talk to him and make noises but he was not happy. Once we got home I picked up the bottle and give it to him and he was so happy to see his old friend..haha. Funny boy.

He learned how to clap today! Of course it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. He was standing up next to his toys and was clapping without holding onto anything. Then he stood against the wall and clapped for the longest time! Hieu said he is propping his butt against the wall for balance...hehe. When I dressing him after the bath today, he look at himself in the mirror and had the greatest time clapping. He keep grinning at himself in the mirror and "show off" by clapping to his "friend". It's so much fun to see him learn new things! He's the best present in the world and I am so blessed to have him!

This is what Hieu had. Apparently he saw the picture online and had to try it. It's really good!

This is their famous live tree that goes through the roof of the restaurant. A very romantic restaurant, I highly recommend if you are in town. Hieu and I had a great time there. Haven't had a good converstion with him for a while. There's always a short man yelling if he doesn't get enough attention.

1 comment:

asiangard said...

Wow! The tree goes through the roof!? That is so cool!
I love your dress, I am WAY too shy to wear that kind of dress, but it looks so good on you. Maybe when I can lose my baby weight I won't be so shy!
The food looks great, I wish Gi Jye would like Italian food, but he refuses to try it!