Party update: I've ordered all the food for the party, ordered the cakes, and got all the responds in. So far we are having about 56 people confirm for the party. YIKES!!! It's nice that everyone wants to be there for KyAn's first birthday but I don't know if our house can accomodate that many! LOL. I didn't think everyone I invited would come! I guess I am more loved than I thought..haha (or maybe it's KyAn's who's more loved?). Hieu has finally finish the design for the adult party favor. It's going to be a photo cube of KyAn. It's really cute. I will post pictures when he's done with it. I still need to go to Party City to get the rest of the decorations, go grocery shopping, clean the carpet at where the foyer is (it's filty there), and ask the cleaners to come this Thursday for a cleanup.
As if I don't have enough to do to prepare for the party, I decided to take on another project! I saw this cute idea from one of the ladies on my January '06 Babycenter board so I told her I'll steal it from here. She has a page of every month since January and put all of her daugther's firsts on that page. It's such a cute idea!!! For example, for January she'll put "My first feeding, My first Bath, etc" and have pictures for those events. So I've been busy working on that all weekend. I am up to September so I hope to finish it soon. I still have get it printed, mount it on scrapbook paper, and hang it.
We also bought a moonwalk for the party, did I mention it? We were just going to rent one but it cost $135 for a day's rental and they charge you extra if you are out of their service area. I found a brand new on on Craig's List for $250. Hieu went to the east side of town to pick it up (an hour away) and talked him down to $230. My bargaining hubby =). We figure if we use it twice, it's worth the price. Plus my nephew's birthday is in a couple of weeks and my sister were going to rent one for him also. Unfortunately it won't go with the theme but I guess we'll just have to live with it. The only other dilema I have is whether to put it in the backyard close to the pool or at the side of the house? The trouble with the backyard is that it's close to the pool and I don't want them to accidentally fall in. If we do it at the side of the house then we risk them running into the streets or the neighborhood kids coming over wanting to use it (we live right across from the playground). I don't mind the neighborhood kids using it but then our little guests may have to wait longer for their turn. I think our best bet is to have it in the backyard right next to the patio and then use the pennant streamers to make a fence so they don't wander off to the pool area. We also told brother-in-law that he's the moonwalk security and needs to keep an eye on the kids. I am not sure how responsible he would be but we will still be able to keep an eye on the kids through the breakfast room window. Hopefully that's safe enough. I will hate it if any kids get hurt at KyAn's party. That would totally ruin the day.
2 comments:
Is KyAn doing any better today? I hope he is. I know all about wishing you could be sick instead of your child.
56 people...WOW! It's going to be some party! HOpefully, all wil go smoothly.
you are going to have a great party!
I can't wait to see all the pics!
Post a Comment