We are almost there for KyAn's party on Saturday. Hieu rented a carpet cleaner and brother-in-law cleaned the living room for us. Most of the disgusting stains are gone on the part close to the foyer so I am happy. I also finished the "My First" collages on tuesday night and dh had them printed out yesterday along with the photo cubes. Joseph (BIL) and him has been working on assembling it. I've also started decorating yesterday and the house is starting to look festive!
It has been raining here for the past 3 days so I've been constantly checking the weather for Saturday. Wouldn't you know it, it's sunny on Friday and Sunday but 70% rai on Saturday. UGH..I hope that won't deter people from coming or ruin KyAn's party. Hope they are wrong about the 70% so we can still put the moonwalk up. I guess we'll have to wait until Saturday and play it by ear. We already had one family backing out of the party. I hope that will be the only one because I ordered lots and lots of food.
I've also found a place to make KyAn's smash cake. I am so excited about this. The baker is a friend of my friend and she has done wonderful cakes in the past. http://cakesbyginahouston.com/_wsn/page9.html She said she's make the cake an oval shape like an egg, then put the Chicken Little green glasses, his t-shirt and shorts on. I think it's going to be really cute and I can't wait to see it. The little cake cost $25 which is not as outrageous as I thought for something so customized. Not cheap for a cake he'll probably take two bites out of but not out there either.
It's been crazy at work and I have a project I have to finish by Friday or I would've taken that day off. Maybe I'll haul butt and try to finish the project early on Friday so I can take the rest of the day off to run errands. It's been crazy but the next time I'll have to go through this again will be his wedding. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment