Sunday, January 14, 2007

The big birthday dinner!

I had a lot of fun yesterday thanks to my sister's hardwork. She made sure I will have a good time and I did. We ran into some snags such as she has to run around looking for a cake in the last minute because their's some miscommunication with the place she ordered it from. Then the restaurant was not kid-friendly because I didn't anticipate my friend bringing her daughter and my sister to bring my nephew. Fortunately it worked out and we took up the only two boosters seats the restaurant has. Then at about 9, they dj starts playing latino music real loud and people were dancing. I felt bad for the kids. My nephew said the music is too loud and he's going to tell them to turn it off! Keep in mind he's only two.

The food was okay at Aromas. Not great but not bad. The portions are so small though, almost everyone cleaned off their plates...and we all had appetizers!!! They didn't plan the arrival of the plates correctly because some of the steaks got too cooked and my steak was warm, not hot. When it's time to pay the bill, I already told my sister ahead of time that I don't want her paying for it nor for Hieu to so she passed the bill around signaling to everyone that they have to pitch in. I felt really awkward and really bad because they have to pay for their dinner at my birthday party. On top of that, even though I specifically asked them not ton bring any gifts on the invitation, they all still do. I wished I could've pay for everyone's meal but I just can't afford it. I don't want to just pay for it and then have to get money out of our savings to pay for it..that would be bad. Oh well, most of them are financially comfortable so I hope they don't mind.

After that I went to Club Next with my friend, Nhi, my little sister, and all her friends. I had to hang out with my little sister's friends because all my friends are too old to go out..hehe. Annie went home and went to sleep. Sandy is 7-month pregnant so she can't be out. Thy and her husband, Felipe, had to go to some Western club in Katy for his sister's birthday. They weren't thrill about it but they had to go. I was a bit disappointed that no one can come out with me except for Nhi but I don't blame them. It was rainy and cold and if I it wasn't my birthday, I would've gone home and go to sleep with Ky-An. Everyone bought me shots but luckily they were all girly ones so I was just buzz and not drunk. The only strong one I took was with Nhi when we did the Tequila shot. I love that girl!! Mother of three and seriously so hot. I told them I can't get drunk because I still have to take care of Ky-An the next day and thankfully I wasn't.

I feel so bad that my friends bought me presnts. I've have been so caught up in my life the past couple of years with Lan-Vy's death; trying for another one; Ky-An's pregnancy that we wanted to keep quiet; and taking care of him this year that I haven't been a very good friend. I totally flake on all the events like my friend's birthdays, weddings, and baby showers. Some events Ky-An got sick so I can't go, or he was too young and I can't leave him, ect but still...I am such a bad friend. I feel like my friends are just being too good to me. I really hope I can make it up to them.

I opened my presents this morning and received a bunch of nice presents. I am just going to list them all here not to show off but so I'd remember when I read this again later. I got a nice baby photo album from Nhi and Rick. I got a $50 Amex gift cert from Annie Tran. That crazy girl..Hoa said she has no money so I feel so bad she spent money on this gift cert, paid for dinner, AND paid for everyone's cover charge at the club. I got a gift cert to Sephora from Jerry and Sandy. Mary got me a really cute capri and a shirt from Macy's. Of course the capri didn't fit so I have to go exchange it. :( Trang and Annie got me make-up from Nordstrom. They are really nice..there was a lipgloss and eye shadow pallette, a body scrub, and a lip injection lip gloss that suppose to plump up your lips. I gave them to my sister to use because I rarely wear any make-up. I'll take it back whenever there's s special occasion..hehe. My older sister Thuy and Tran got me a 1 hour massage gift cert to Massage Envy. The last time I went to a massage I didn't like it at all. I think it really hurt!! But since they went through all the trouble to get this gift cert, I'll try it out when my oldest sister come down from Dallas. I called everyone this morning and personally thanked them. It was such a good birthday!!!

1 comment:

asiangard said...

Woiw! Woman! I trhink you are spoiled!!

You are lucky to have such good friends! I know how hard it is to lose a baby, I lost my first baby too, and then when you have more children they are your life!
I haven't gotten buzzed in sooooo long! My b-day is comming up soon, and hope that Gi Jye will throw me a good party!
Usually that just means lobster or steak at the resturaunt withh family and co workers!