I like my telecomuting Thursday. It's the only day of the week where I can run errands during my lunch hour and don't have to worry about toting Ky-An along interrupting his naptime or whatsoever. Because of this, I usually try to cram so many things to do in a few short hours. Last week I managed to go return some stuff in the mall for Ky-An, got a haircut, and a pedicure. This week I went to the DMV to get my driver's license renew. (It's been expired since my birthday in January..eek.) Then I ran to Target to get my friend a baby shower's present for Saturday. I also had to get some ingredients for food I am bringing to the shower and was going to go to Wal-Mart for that but didn't have enough time so I just did all my shopping at Target. Higher prices for the convenience. I got a lot done at Target. I bought all the cards I need for this month, May, and June. I also got all the ingredients for food on Saturday, something to cook for Ky-An tomorrow, and the baby shower gift. How awesome is that?
I was so excited when I came out of the store because I saved $15! I had 3 coupons for $5 off $20 purchase of Bounty, Pampers, Charming, and some other items. I thought the cashier will only ring up one but she scanned in all 3 of them!!! What a wonderful deal. $15 off your grocery bill is a lot. I love it when I got a bargain.
Ever since I found the Finance board on Babycenter, I've been obsessed. I set up a budget for our family and track it in MS Money. It's so cool! I even encourgaged my sisters and parents to set up a budget also. I've also been watching where our money goes and what we can cut out, etc. We are starting it in May so I hope we can stick to it. Wish us luck!
However, I can already see that it will be hard because we have so many things going on in the next few months. In May we have Hieu's sister's birthday, his sister-in-law's birthday, Mother's Day gift for the 2 moms, my aunt's birthday, my uncle coming into town that we have to host a dinner for, my 2 friend's birthday whom I need to get something since they got me gifts for my birthday, Lan Vy's birthday, and our Seaworld trip to San Antonio on Memorial Day weekend. Then in June we have my mom's birthday, my sister's birthday, her boyfriend's (who's like family), and Father's day. July is Hieu's brother's birthday and August is his othe brother's birthday. September is my niece's birthd*Sigh*..can you hear the ringing sound of the register as I list each of these? Oh well, at least Hieu is getting lots of overtime in and can cover some of these expenses and the rest will go to savings. Yeah! We got our tax return back and they are going to savings too. They are going to be used when I am off on my maternity paid because some of them will be unpaid. They will also be going towards hospital payment for the delivery.
4 comments:
Saving $15 bucks is great. Sounds like you were able to get a lot done. I need to set up a budget, but sometimes that is so hard. Yeah on doing that, despite having so many expenses coming up soon. The one positive I have done is setting up a savings for Daniel.
Haha, Wow that is a lot of things!!
Yay on saving $15 though! I love coupons!!
Budgets are so hard. Ours is right out of the window right now with so much company. I had a free weekend but then everyone comes back Monday night and will be here till next weekend. Wow!
I'm a coupon girl too! That's if I can get them all organized when I head out shopping.....
Budget?? What is a budget?? I should work on it...
Post a Comment