Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day of Pampering

I pampered myself today. First I went to get my hair cut at Visible Changes. Is it me or is haircuts getting more expensive? Is it because I haven't had my hair cut for so long that I am have no clue? Or maybe it's because I am used to the $15 cut at those Asian places. So I made an appointment at Visible Changes with a Level 4 cutter. They have 6 Levels with level 6 being their best cutter...and she cost $60! I picked a level 4 because I want a new style and I want a decent cutter to do it. She cost $50. Can you imagine? I had a $50 haircut..my gosh! Of course I got sucker in to buying some hair products too so the bill came out to be almost $100. It's not until that evening that my sister said she knows someone who works there and I could've got those products for 50% off. Grrreaaat. Good thing I have a generous husband who doesn't mind when I pamper myself. This is my new haircut, it doesn't look much different than a regular bob but supposedly is has more layers and gives it more shape.


After the haircut I went to get a pedicure because my feet are getting nasty and it's getting hot here. I just love getting manicures and pedicures, my feet feel so good and cool afterward. I don't like this place in the mall though, they are not very good. I was thirsty and asked them for a glass of water. They said they don't have any and I can go to the food court to get some. Can you imagine? Needless to say I am never coming back. No wonder their place is so dead. I usually go to a place on Westheimer that I love. They take care of you really well and they dip your feet in wax as well as exfoliate it with some minty stuff. It feels really nice afterward. I love looking down at my feet and see them all perfectly colored and nice. The pedicure cost another $25. Not too bad I guess compare to my hair!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Cindy! You look absolutely stunning!! I need a pedicure - never had one =(

It's nice to pamper yourself once in awhile - you deserved every minute of it! Although... it was a terrible place that you went for to get your pedicure. I can't believe they wouldn't offer you any water!!! Don't go back.... When you are preggo and your thirsty, YOU NEED IT!!

Again, you look beautiful!!!

Have a nice weekend - I'll be busy with the boys sporting activities, so I'll update my blog later! Take care! Big hugs to Ky-An!

asiangard said...

your hair looks great! Wow $50 to chop off your hair! Well itlooks like a nice hair cut, so hopefully it's worth it!
You deserved to be pampered!

Lauren said...

Woo-woo...sexy mama! You look fantastic!