Friday, April 20, 2007

Doctor's Appointment

I just came back from the doctor's office. I gained 1 pound this month but I lost 3 pounds before so I am still down 2. Everything looks good, baby measures right on target. Doctor said for sure our little girl won't have any dwarfism, so that's a good thing. I somehow just know that this little one will be just fine. Considering she fought all the odds to be conceive and took all her brother's abuse to her little home. The doctor also confirm to me that it's still a GIRL!!! I am glad she confirmed it because I can be more comfortable referring to her as AiVy now.

The bad news is that I had to do another blood test for the quad screen today. Apparently some labs will do that test at 14 weeks (which is what I was last time) but my lab won't do it until 15 weeks. I am not mad that they want to wait longer to do it, I am glad they are waiting to get the correct result. I am just mad that there's a vile of my blood that was wasted. Not the mention the extra poking. Oh well, better get used because there's sure more to come.

I have been feeling AiVy kick more now. Now strong ones, just a light jab here and there. I just love it whenever I can feel her. I can't wait until I can feel her even more!! I don't know if I mention it before but we are naming her AiVy (pronounce "Ivy")! "Ai" means "love" in Vietnamese and "Vy" is after our first-born daughter or it also can mean "flower". So the name means "love of Vy" or "love of flower". I wanted a name to honor the angel we lost so I picked out this name ever since then if we were to have another little girl. I don't know if I want to hyphenate her name like Ky-An's yet. At first I wanted to hyphenate it because I want to show that it's two different word but it's turning out to be a pain. I am thinking of changing Ky-An's name to be one word also. I think it makes it easier on everyone.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's wonderful that your appointment went so well. Congrats again on your little girl--that's great that they were able to confirm it for you for sure. Sorry about the extra poking though...that's no fun!

Grace said...

Thanks for the update! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad all went well except having to get poked for blood....

Any names for her yet??? =)