Poor guy, he was crying because he's petrified! He was literally trembling each time I pull him away from my body. He was clinging on to me so tight it's hard to even get him in front of me for the activities. If I hold him tight and sit still then he's fine but as soon as I move around, he starts crying. I guess he doesn't like the boyouncy of the water. He cried so much that he got tired and passed out in the car on our short way home.
After he woke up from his nap, I asked Hieu to give him a bath since he hasn't had one after his lesson. I suggest maybe we should give him a bath in the regular tub to get him used to the water. We've been giving him a bath in the inflatable duckie tub since he was about 5 months and he loves it. Well as soon as Hieu put him in the big batthtub, he looks around and starts crying again. He's fine whenever Hieu put him back in his duckie so it's something with the extra water and his body moving around freely. I am not sure what I can do to help him overcome this. Should I just keep giving him a bath in the big tub? He just looks so terrified. I think what I will do it just have one of us take a bath with him in the big tub and keep trying to expose him more and more to water. Hopefully it wil help...my poor little chicken.
This is Ky-An swimming in our pool last summer at 5 months.

This is Ky-An in his duckie tub at 6 months. If you think he looks tight in it then, you should see him now!
4 comments:
WIlliam was scared of water for a long, time. But then Dave started getting in the tub with hime during bath time, and now he is fine. Even when Dave is not in there. Ask Hieu if maybe he would be willing to do that with Ky-An. It might help.
haha I love those pictures!
I think you should take a bath with Ky-An to get him used to the water.
I have GJ take a abth with Bailey a few times a week, and at first he always crys, but after a few minutes he clams down.
He did the same thing with Kai-Li and she loves to be in the water now.
Why not go in the tub with him??? Either you or Hieu??? I agree with Juliet!! We did that up until the boys were 3 and if they still were able to, they would get daddy and mommy in too!
OMG--I LOVE that duck picture..too cute! He'll get the hang of the water soon. Before you know it, you'll have to drag him out of the pool/tub, kicking and screaming! It's always a struggle to get Jocelyn out of the tub--she'd stay in there all day and freeze to death if I let her.
Post a Comment