Thursday, April 5, 2007

Abnormal Pap Smear Update

I wen to see the specialized GYNO today about my abnormal Pap Smear. She call me back to her office and explain to me that they saw some atypical glandular cells and apparently it's a significant abnormality. However, my HPV test came back negative so she's not sure if the abnormality diagnosis is correct. Especially since I never had an abnormal Pap before and I've been relatively healthy. She took another look at the irritated place and took some more samples. ..which was no fun by the way. It wasn't fun before pregnancy and it's less much fun now. She also did they vinegar test because supposedly vinegar will dehydrate the cells a little and she will be able to see the abnormality area better. After a few minutes, she said she see something there but nothing of concern yet. She's going to request the slide from my last Pap Smear for her colleague to see and is she's concern then they'll call me to schedule another appointment in 3 months to make sure nothing has changed. She said since one is concrete information (HPV negative test) and one is an intepretation (the abnormality), she's going to look at the intepretation again to see if they are correct. If there is a cause for concern then she'll do a biopsy on me but she doesn't want to do it now because it can cause bleeding, which won't affect the pregnancy, but she doesn't want me to be stress out regardless.

I am doing okay. I am just taking it one day at the time until I get further diagnosis. I refuse to worry and get stressed out until everything is for sure. I am an optimist and will try to continue that route. In addition, both my doctors didn't seem too worry to me so I am going to hope for the best. I feel lucky that I live in a city where they have the best medical center and I have access to all the best specialists in the US. I am confident they will take good care of me regardless of what happen.

2 comments:

asiangard said...

I'm glad everything went ok. And even if they do need to freeze the abnormal cells off, you have caught whatever it is early.

Grace said...

I'm glad your able to get all the testing done and your doctor seems so wonderful (which I think is really hard to find nowadays)!

You seem like such a strong lady - I wish you can send those vibes my way!! Keep us posted!