
After the swimming lesson, I got ready to go se a big Vietnamese music production whike Ky-An napped. My sister and I are excited about it. We've always watch them on dvd and were waiting for them to come to Houston so we can watch it live. Finally we saw the advertisement on the last dvd and we knew we just had to go. We keep calling Chi's cousin, who owned the biggest Vietnamese cd/dvd store in Houston, to check on when the tickets will be on sale. However, we got a sticker shock when my the tickets are out and they are $200 each for the night show. Even the daytime show is $150! We want to sit in the front section to see the singers so we didn't want to purchase the tickets in the balcony or in the back. It's all or nothing! They only do the show for one day with two shows and they also record it for dvd/cd distribution. It was a bit much for Hieu, my sister, and I so I was really contemplating it.
I was going to forget about the whole thing and not go because it's so expensive but my wonderful husband Hieu insist that I purchase the tickets. He said it's a once in lifetime opportunity and I've been waiting to see the show. Luckily he also enjoy Broadway shows and all that so he appreciates these productions. However, even when we went to see The Producer tickets only cost $85 for a night time show! This is just crazy. The whole two months we waited to see the show, my sister and I keep joking and say it better be worth it. LOL.
We went to see the show and oh my gosh, it was so worth the price!!! It was a great entertaining show and so wonderful to hear our favorite singers sing live. I thought Hieu would fall asleep because the dvd topic is not his kind of music but he said he enjoyed it. The show is from 1:30p.m. until 6:30p.m. with no intermission!!! Worst yet we sat inside so everytime I have to use the restroom, I have to step over people to get out. I knew the show would be long so I stash some water in my purse. My little sister said they won't let me bring it in and I was prepared to cause a scene if I need to. How would they expect a pregnant lady to sit through a 5 hour show with no water right?!! Fortunately they were aware of that and let everyone bring water into the auditorium. I know I am such a FOB but my parents taught us to appreciate our culture while we were growing up and I plan to do the same for my kids. My little sister came to America when she was 4 but she can still read/write/sing in Vietnamese.
We dropped Ky-An off my babysitter's house at 12:30 to make it to the show. Poor guy just woke up from his nap when we scoop him up and go. He cried when I left and I felt so bad. Even though I enjoyed the show tremendously, I miss him so much in the 5 hours that I was away from him. After the show all I wanted to do was hurry up and run back to pick him up. This make me worry how I am going to stand him being away from him for 3 days while I am in the hospital? I just know I will be crying because I can't be with my little man. Worst yet, how am I going to handle not being able to hold him for 6 weeks after surgery? He's not going to understand why mommy can't hold him but can hold his baby sister! Waaaaahh!!!
1 comment:
I know how you feel about being away from your child - even for an hour! I'm still that way and my boys are 6 and 3!!! Dh tells me to relax and not think about them, but how could I not???
I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful concert to attend - and Ky-An is slowly getting the hang of swimming... it will get better!
Post a Comment