Friday, May 11, 2007

Another Ai-Vy in the family??!!!

My uncle from Australia came to visit this weekend and so we went over my parents' for dinner last night. He's a well-known plastic surgeon in Australia and he was here for a breast augmentation conference with his girlfriend, Yvonne. Well I found out that they have a five month old daughter together and her name is Charlotte Ai-Vi!!! What a strange coincidence! I was in shock and told them that's what I am going to name my baby also. He goes oh what a coincidence, like Ivy? But our daughter's name is Ai-Vi. I had to tell them several times that no, we are naming her the exact same name! It was unbelievable and now I don't know what to do. This name really have special meaning for me so I don't want to change it. Plus I chose it 3 years ago after Lan Vy passed away. My sister said who cares, we'll probably never see them again anyway but I don't want to jinx my baby. Isn't it bad luck or something in asian superstition that people in the same family should have the same name? Oh well..who cares, we are in America and not many follow that silly superstition anyway.

My uncle from Australia and my dad. I am going to visit him for a "tune up" after I am done having kids. LOL.

Dinner at my aunt's house:


My aunt and the birthday cake we bought her. She's 48! Don't tell her I told.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I know how you feel about having the same name in the family. Are you using Ai-Vy as a middle name?

asiangard said...

Your uncle lives so far away! I think it's fine to have your baby with the same name!
Your Aunt looks very young!!