Thursday, May 31, 2007

Prepare for Ai-Vy

Ai-Vy has been kicking harder and been more active everyday. I think she needs to be to get my attention sometimes. :) I only have about 3 months until she arrives and I don't have anything ready yet beside where she is sleeping. I am not sure where to put her clothes, diapers, etc. With Ky-An I didn't have anything ready nor laid out either because I didn't want the pain of having to come home and pack up all the stuff again. That worked out okay for us but even though I didn't have his stuff out, I know exactly where they are going from Lan Vy.

Currently, Ky-An is occupying all the extra room in our closet (and it's on Hieu's side..hehe). If I move Ky-An's clothes upstair to the extra guest room then I will not be able to get to it for 6 weeks after the delivery. That's also the reason why we can't move him to his own room yet. (That and the fact that I love having him next to me.)

I am also getting tired of having all of Ky-An's toys clutter our family room.
The answer to that is to create a playroom for his and his sister. The question is where? Which room should we sacrifice? We have 3 bedrooms upstair but 2 of them are occupied by my little sister and Hieu's little brother. They will both move out in about a year or two..but do we want to wait that long to create a playroom in one of those places for our kids? If not then which room do we want to convert? There are 3 choices that we have. The one that Hieu goes for is the formal living room. I understand that we rarely use that room but it's right at the door and the first thing people see when they come into our house. I love the setting we have right now and it's the only thing in our house that looks sophisticated and stylish. I just hate the thought of the first thing anyone come into our room is seeing all the toys on one side and our clutter study on the other. At least the study has a door, the dining room doesn't. That means we'll have to put a gate up to keep the kids safely in there. Who wants that as the first thing people see right? Furthermore, where will we put our dining set? It's beautiful and I don't want to get rid of it.
The room that I want to sacrifice is our gameroom but of course Hieu is against it. I kinda understand that because the pool table is priceless to him and we got it for a really good price at $200. We actually bought the house to fit the pool table and not the other way around. We originally wanted a one-story home but none of them would have a gameroom big enough to accomodate the pool table so we had to go with a two-story home. He poses the same question as my dining room table, what would we do with it? Where would we store it? In addition, we paid someone $100 to carry all the marble slabs up on the table and level it. That would be a lot of effort whenever we put the pool table back.
The third option is the extra guest room. As you can see it has the smallest space out of the three options and I am afraid it won't work because they won't have any place to roam around. Turning this room into a gameroom would also mean I can't get up there for 6 weeks after the delivery either.
Decisions...decisions...I still have no idea what to do.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have a huge home. To me, it looks like you will have to sacrifice the guest room. The kids will use it every day. How often do you use the guest room? Atleast you have the option. I need a playroom and don't have any rooms to convert. So Jayden and Maya will share a bedroom and it will have to double as a playroom for them. Yikes. If we stay in this house, we will definately have to add on a room or convert the garage. sigh

Grace said...

You do have a big home too! We never seem to have enough room in our house and we live in a pretty large home only because I look after my parents.

It looks like you might have to use the pool room - if you can put the pool table somewhere??? Or if not, the guest room?? You can't get rid of the dining set... it looks too nice!

LOOK AT ALL THOSE TOYS!!!!!!!