My sister took my neice to the dentist today and found out she has several cavities. We've always known that because we can see it and plus she always complain of her teeth hurting. I've been bugging my sister to take her to the pediatric dentist but they didn't buy any dental insurance for her last year. Poor girl. They will have to put some crowns on her and it will cost my sister about $2,000 out-of-pocket because they have to put my neice under anesthesia. Fortunately these are the molars so she won't have to walk around with those hideous silver converings once she starts school. Of course my frugal brother-in-law is complaining and try to convince my sister that Caitlyn doesn't need the dental work since these are her temporary teeth anyway. *Rolling eyes*. I don't know how my sister can live with him sometimes. They think the cause of her teeth decay may be from juice. She loves drinking juice and the dentist said my sister should've brush her teeth immediately after drinking juice.
Luckily Ky-An doesn't like juice at all but it's still enough to scare me. After that news I decide to switch up his bed routine a bit and instead of giving him his milk right before bed, I give it to him before his bath. Hieu then brush his teeth and all that and I give him a bottle of water while I read to him before bed. I expected Ky-An to put up a fight with this but was pleasantly surprise that he did okay. In fact, he was much calmer and more subdued to go to bed after some water than when he gets his milk right before bed. He was climbing all over the place and act really hyper with the milk. Maybe he drank too much and got too full to settle down for bed. He's been doing really well with this new routine and I am really happy that at least on transition is going smoothly!
1 comment:
Poor girl!! We've been told by are pediatric dentist that juice definitely decays teeth so try and limit it, especially at night/bed time.
My boys have fairly good teeth - I'm always on them about it because I don't want them to go through what I had to (I had cavities when I was a child).... taking care of your teeth is really important and to your health!
Post a Comment