Saturday, March 10, 2007

Update on Ky-An

Ky-An starts stirring at 3:00 a.m. and wouldn't go back to sleep. I give him a kiss on his head and felt it burning. I immediately got up and got the thermometer to see what his temperature is. He had a high fever of 102 last night. I was so worry that I woke up Hieu and ask him to get me some Motrin and some milk. (Ky-An will freak out if I get up and go get it myself.) After fighting with him to take his medicine (it's not easy making a sleepy baby take the syringe), he went back to sleep. He immediately sweat afterward and his head cooled down. He woke up happy and chatty this morning so I decide not to call the doctor because I thought he's feeling better. Well I really regret it because he was whiney, didn't nap well, and didn't eat much all day. I feel like a horrible mom because I could've just take him to the doctor and make him feel better instead of letting him suffer until Monday. I usually follow my instinct but this time I think it's wrong. We spoil him like crazy because he's not feeling well. We let him watch his Baby Einstein more than usual and Hieu takes him out for a walk or drive him around when he's super fussy.

I held him so much today that I start having really bad cramps. I thought for sure I'll see blood when I got to the bathroom and miscarried. I drank some water, ate some crackers and lay down to rest. After I ate, I felt much better..thank goodness.
I am going to call the doctor first thing Monday, no matter what, and find out what's bothering him. I think it's his teeth because he'll stick his finger in it. Everytime he does so, he starts crying so maybe his canines are having trouble cutting through. It's been red and swollen for over a month!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Awww.. poor Ky-An!! I hope he gets better soon. It definitely sounds like a combination of both teething and a cold. Is his nose still runny?? Are you using a humidifier at all?

You need to relax and try not to think about the negative side of your pregnancy!! Think HAPPY thoughts and keep admiring Ky-An and you'll feel better =).

And OH MY, I didn't know that you were pregnant too!! Congratulations... I'm so jealous of all of you... Do you know what you are having??

asiangard said...

Poor baby!
I think the motrin helped him though, maybe just keep giving him some to take the teething pain away.
I know that you are feeling scared about being preganant and miscarrying, I was scared to, because I have had one miscarriage before. And when I was pregnant with Bailey I did have blood! I was so scared I called my Dr. and I had an ultrasound, they said it was normal to have some blood in 90% of pregnancys.
I just think you were probably dehydrated, the water made you feel better.
I hope Ky-An starts to feel better soon.

Elizabeth said...

Oh Cindy, you had no idea what was wrong. Sometimes, things seem ok and we let our guard down. It happens. Babies are so sweet and a little tylenol always helps them feel better to the point where they fool us. Jayden has done it to me many times. We learn as we go.