Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Things are fallen apart in our house!

There was a big storm on Monday night and the electricity went out for a second. We didn't know the damage of it until the next day. The controller for our sprinkler system was broken so Hieu had to go to Home Depot and get a replacement for it. Luckily he's quite a handyman so we only had to pay $60 for a new panel.

Then we came home the next day and found out our AC won't turn on. The one downstair where our bedroom is and where Ky-An sleeps. We had to sleep that night with the fan on full blast and the windows open. Thank goodness it's cool outside now or we will be sweating. However, it was so muggy and humid! That combine with the outside car and animal noises reminds me of Vietnam. That's how the nights are in Vietnam, you sleep with the windows all open but it's very humid.

Well we finally got one of Hieu's friend, an A/C guy to come out to look at the AC today. Turn out the controller for the A/C in the attic is broken. He put in a temporary one until our new part comes in. He's going to try and fix it before ordering a new one for us..who know how much that would be. Since he's Hieu's friend so we just had to pay him $100 so thank goodness for that.

I know these are just minor things but our house is only 4 years old and I feel like it's already falling apart. I am walking around wondering what would go next. I just hope it's nothing major.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I find that strange too. Seems like when one thing goes down, another and another..... WHY???

Elizabeth said...

Oh no, that's terrible. Those storms can cause a ton of damage. Hopefully, you won't find anything else wrong. You are so lucky you have a network of friends and family that you can tap on. We end up having to pay full price for everything. We are not humid yet here so we have been sleeping with our windows open for weeks. I love to hear the birds chirping. Last night though, they were singing their little bird songs at 2 am. Kinda early for that...