Well I found out why Ai-Vy and Ky-An was torturing me at night. The poor babies are sick and have a slight fever. Ky-An caught it first but he seem to battle it okay. His fever was mild and it didn't keep him from being his active little self. Ai-Vy caught it a little worst and had a fever of 101. She was up most of the night because she wasn't feeling well so I stayed home with her on Wednesday. Poor Ky-An is also a little sick but couldn't stay home with me and was whining for me. I felt horrible about it but I know Ai-Vy would be demanding all day and that our babysitter would take good care of him. I always battle the biggest guilt trip whenever I am home but he has to go to the babysitter's....*sigh*.
Ai-Vy was suppose to go back the pediatrician for her second set of shots on Thursday but her fever climbed to 101 so they had her come in for a checkup instead. Her fever was down to 99 when we got there and they took a little blood to test if the infection is viral or bacterial. I was expecting her to scream whenever the prick her finger but she just calmly look at the nurse and then at her hand like "what's going on here?" The pediatrician showed me the result of the test and it's kind of neat. On the test it said what her white blood cell level is and what the normal range would be. If it's higher than the normal range then it confirms she is fighting an infection. They then break down whether those white blood cells are viral or bacterial and can tell what kind of infection she has from that. Luckily she only has a viral infection so no antibiotics! Yeah!
I had to battle to give her medicine the entire 3 days I stayed home with her. The doctor suggest suppositories but I am not too keen on the idea and wanted to use it as the last resort. I can't tell you how many times we had to change the sheets or her clothes these past few days though. This girl has the most sensitive gag reflex I've ever seen. As soon as the medicine touch her toungue, she gags and throws up. What I have to do was wait until she's in deep sleep and I armed myself with 2 dispensers (one of medicine and one of water). I would quickly inject the medicine to the back of her throat aiming the dispenser toward her cheeks so she won't choke. Before she has the chance to gag, I have to quickly inject the water in her mouth so she won't gag on the medicine taste. Even this process is not full-proof. I just hope she gets better soon. It's so hard to see your baby being sick and has that glazed look in her eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment