Last night was not a great night for me. I finally got ready to go to bed at 11:45. As soon as I lay down, wouldn't you know it, Ai-Vy starts squirming. I lean over to hug her and she settled down to go back to sleep. Then it's Ky-An's turn to move around because he can't breathe. I settled him back down and Ai-Vy starts up again. I must have fell asleep as I cuddled with Ai-Vy because she started squirming again and I check the clock, it was 12:30. I figure she was hungry so I prepared a bottle for her and she drank some of it and went back to sleep. She spit out her pacifier somewhere and I can't find it so I had to go outside at almost 1 in the morning trying to search for another pacifier for her.
She starts squirming again at about 1:30. I tried everything to get her to go back to sleep. I cuddled with her, I left her alone for a bit, I turned her to her side, I pulled the blanket on her, I pulled the blanket off her, I gave her the pacifier, I tried giving her the bottle again, I even picked her up and tried to rock her for a while but all she did was lay still and stare at the ceiling fan with her eyes wide open. She was quiet so I didn't think she would wake up Ky-An so I laid her down and went to use the bathroom. I came back and she still lay there quietly staring at the ceiling. I thought I smelled her diaper so I checked it, sure enough, she needed to be changed! By this time it was about 2:30.
I took her to the bathroom to change her and tried to swing her back to sleep, didn't happen and my arms got tired so I put her down on the bed. She starts talking loudly and I was afraid she might wake up Ky-An so I picked up to take her outside. I laid her in the bassinett in the family room and laid on the couch to rest for a bit. Not within five minutes she was extremely quiet so I sneaked up the bassinett to check up on her. Her eyes were closed so I picked her up to bring her into the bed so I can get some sleep. She woke up as soon as I picked her up but I was hoping she'll go back to sleep as I put her down on the bed. Nope, started talking loudly again so I quickly scooped her up. Ky-An starts stirring and his arms start waving around in the air looking for me. He starts whimpering and I know if he doesn't feel something quickly he's going to start crying and wake up. I quickly jump on the bed with Ai-Vy and pulled my blanked next to him. He went back to sleep and I took Ai-Vy out to the family room again.
It's about 3:30 by this time and Ai-Vy quickly settle down to go to sleep in the bassinette again. (Maybe that thing is more comfortable than her bed, I've got to re-evaluate. ) Anyway, I waited for her to sleep for a bit before scooping her up this time. She stir a little as I put her down on the bed so I gave her the rest of her bottle and she went to sleep. I finally crawled into bed at about 4. Ky-An, of course, has taken over my sleep area so I had to move him so I can lay down and get some rest. He still moved over to be next to me, leaving me about 1 foot of space in a king size bed! At 4:30 Ky-An starts moving around again and I got him back to sleep at 5. I remember looking at the clock and think..okay, I got an hour and a half of sleep. I didn't wake up until almost 6:30 because Hieu forgot to wake me up on time. I am late to work...again and needless to say I am extremely exhausted.
1 comment:
I couldn't help but crack up at this post. It's always the mother that suffers. Poor girl. My worst nights are always when I have to work the next day. I wonder how Maya knows this. Jayden is an excellent sleeper though. Sometimes I cave and let him sleep in bed with me. When daddy comes home, he moves him to his bed and he doesn't even flinch. I'm usually the one that's feeling around the bed wondering where Jayden's at. LOL
Post a Comment