Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Coupons and deals

I did 2 auctions for my unused coupons on HCW and had so much fun doing them. My first auction was for 8 Free burgers at Chili's. I got $12 pay pal for them. I then auction of 20 Johnson & Johnson coupons that you can get the Buddies soap for free. I have about 30 of these things already and do not need anymore. I got a formula check, a Free Saran wrap coupon, and 5 stamps for them. Trading coupons are so much fun when they work out.

I had a semi-bad experience last week. I was trying to get some Horizon milk coupons and formula check for the kids. I paid the person $2.5o pay pal for the $4 enfamil check and 6 Horizon milk coupons. Well she messaged me a few days later saying she has been sick and just sent out my coupons. It was 4/4 when she sent me that message so I replied saying by the time I get them, the milk coupons would've expired. She felt bad so she sent me some $2 Enfamil catalina from Krogers. That's great and all but when I received the coupons, the milk was for 8th Continent and not Horizon! Needless to say I was pretty upset and on top of that, the formula check she sent me expired on 3/31!! I sent her a message conveying my dissappointment and she was apologetic and ask if I can use printouts and that she'll send me some. I haven't heard from her nor receive anything else from her after that. Since I haven't heard from her for over a week I just gave her a neutral rating. She had good ratings before and I didn't want to ruin it but I want to convey my disapppointment. She replied after I gave her my rating and said how badly she felt and she will send me an envelope to make up for the trade. I really wasn't expecting anything but was pleasantly surprise when I got an envelope from her. Even though I can't use most of the coupons she sent me but I appreciate the gesture. I gave her a positive rating this time for her effort.

Here are some good deals I got so far:


Walgreens - April 11, they sent out a $5 off $20 that was good for Friday only. I had planned to spend the day with Ky-An that day because I was off so he came along with me to do all these deals. He was really good and love sitting in the cart while I run pushing him. Walgreens had buy 4 Aveeno and get $10 Registered Reward. The small lotion that was sold for $2.89 work on the deal so it's already a money maker. We needed some diaper cream for the kids so I got 2 diaper creams and 2 of those small lotions and with the $5 off coupon I was making even more money on these products. I went to another Walgreens to get some Loreal Preference hair color for my mom. They are regular price at $9.99 but was on sale and I used the $5 off $20 on top of that. I end up getting her 5 boxes for $16 and she was so happy (not to mention impress). At the end of the day, I got 12 packs of 17-stick Extra gums, 2 Aveeno lotion, 2 Aveeno diaper cream, 6 boxes of Loreal Preference hair c0lor, 1 toy Dolphin and 2 bottles of bubble soap for Ky-An, 1 trial size Tuf trash bags with 6 bags in there, 1 Snickers, 1 bag of straws, and 4 Starbucks coffee bags for $4! What fun!

Unfortunately, I found out that night I let one of the Register Rewards expired and felt horrible about it. I tried to go to several stores to beg them to take it since it's $8 but no one would. I felt a little better when I was able to give it to one of the ladies on the HWC board for her to use.

Week of April 18's hottest deal was the Suave shampoo/conditioner.
4 Suave shampoo/conditioner = $6
Buy 1 Get 1 50% off = -$1.36
----------------------------------
$4.64
- $2 coupons
========================
$2.64 and get $6 Register Reward back. That's a pretty good deal already right? You know what is extra icing on the cake??!!!! It rolls!!! That mean you can use the $6 RR to go back and buy more Suave with filler items to equal $6. I bought a bunch of the Arizone tea that was on sale for $.50 as fillers. They are my favorite drink so I was happy. I got about 30 bottles by the end of the week.


CVS - Excredin was on sale for $1.99 with $1 back and I had $2 off coupons. The limit was 5 so I made $5 to bring 5 boxes of Excedrins home.

They had Softsoap Spa bodywash for $4.99 and get $4.99 back. I maxed it out and got 10 bottles using $1.50 coupons on them. A few weeks down the road, there was a buzz that the bigger and different Softsoap Spa bodywash deal was active so I got 15 more bottles using the $1/1 coupons that just came out.

Week of 4/20, CVS had Viva 8-pack paper towels on sale for $6.49 with $1 ECB back. I stocked up and bought some but since we still had plenty at home, I didn't buy too much. The store near my house was out of the paper towels (I think Asian people just love them) but the manager is such a great guy, he asked if I wanted a raincheck..uh yeah!!! CVS rainchecks are awesome because they never expired. I end up buying more Viva at another store and save this raincheck for when I can get my hands on good coupons for them.

Alavert Allergy medicine was also found to be a moneymaker this week. They are on sale for $6.99 - $4 mnf printable = $2.99 and you get $5 ECB back. I got some of it for Hieu to try.


Week of 4/27, there was a 3M deals of getting $5 ECB when you buy $15. I used it to stock up on the Scotch Brite scouring pads. I did this 2 times on 2 cards:
6 Post-It Flags = $12
3 Scouring Pad = $5
- $9 Post-It Flags coupons (3 $3/2 printables)
- $1.50 scrubbing pads
=======================
$6.50 get $5 ECB back = $1.50 for 3 scouring pads, not too bad. The best part is I can use my Extra Bucks to pay for these transactions and not have to deduct any money out of my budget.


The third time I wanted some lint rollers that's included in the deal so I did this:
2 Post-It flags = $4
4 Scouring pads = $6.67
2 Lint brushes = $5
--------------------------------
- $6 Post-Its Flags printables
- $2 scouring pads
- $2 lint brushes
=======================
$5.67 - $5 ECB back = $.67! In addition, I can send it for a rebate on the Lint brushes as well as the post-its.


They also had the Benadryl cream on sale and get $5 wyb 2:
2 Benadryl anti-itch cream = $7.38
- $2 Benadryl coupons
=========================
$5.38 - $5 ECB back = $.38 for two sticks of Benadryl cream! It's great to stock up on with the summer coming and my kids are bound to get mosquito bites.


Wal-mart has small packs of Huggies CleanTeam wipes for $1.69. I have several $3/2 Huggies CleanTeam coupons so we got about 12 packs of wipes for .19 cents each!

No comments: