Sunday, January 11, 2009

My birthday celebration

I didn't plan to make a big deal out of my birthday since I am still exhausted from all the holiday celebration.  Hieu tried so hard to make the day spcecial for me and I really appreciate his effort. Since he already got me this great laptop for Christmas, I told him not to get me any birthday presents. He went out and got me a beautiful bouquet of flower, a funny card, and a balloon out of his own budget instead. His mom and sister also sent me a gorgeous tulips bouquet from Kansas.  Hieu tried to keep the kids out of they way most of the day because he knows I am tired and wants me to enjoy my special day. 

 

Hieu and my little sister also insist that I at least pick a place for dinner.  I don't know why but after I gave birth to the kids, I crave meat.  I am not usually a meat eater before so maybe I am lacking protein.  Anyway so they suggest The Taste of Texas. 

I invited the whole family which includes my parents, one of my older sister and her son, my little sister and her live-in boyfriend, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend.  The kids were being especially difficult today and only nap about 1 hour each.  They were cranky by the time we were leaving and we had to squeeze in a feeding before we leave for the restaurant.  Good thing we fed them beforehand because we had to wait an hour for our table.  They gave us an awesome table in the corner so that our kids can be a little rowdy without bothering the other patrons. The kids were tired but really good.  I was just stressed out because I feel so guilty keeping them out when they look so tired.  They passed out as soon as we changed them in the car and even though I was super tired, I was glad to be able to spend my birthday with my love ones.  It was a good birthday.



Grandpa teaching Ai-vy how to color:

You can see how tired I look in this picture:

This is how he smiles for the camera now.  Look at those bags under his eyes..poor guy.

They want me to squish him in my chair for some reason.
 

Playing peek-a-boo with grandma:

Blowing out my candles with Ky-An and my nephew, Ethan.  I was busy getting them settled that I don't remember making a wish before I blow on those candles. LOL

Spiderman in training:

Picture of the whole crew.  The restaurant was nice enough to take a picture of us on their own camera and printed it out for me to keep!

4 comments:

Special K said...

Honey, for your bithday wish I am sending you a sleep-filled day!!!! Take a work sick day when it's going to work and sleep and exercise and yoga and go to the library and read. Don't clean, don't grocery shop. Cook if you like, but enjoy the silence! You are a wonderful mom and I love reading about your culture, your family and how you raise your children. I may not know you in real life, but your story will stay with me for a lifetime. Hugs and flowers your way on your birthday!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh I am so happy you had such a wonderful day with family. That's what it's all about! I love the picture they took. It's really good. I hope you get some rest really soon. There's nothing like R&R...

Juliet said...

I'm so glad you had a happy birthday. :-) How nice to have all of that family around. And your kids get cuter all the time!

Grace said...

Sounds like a lovely day!!

Happy Birthday!!!