Saturday, January 31, 2009

I know my coupon policies!

I went to this one store to get the popup tapes that are on clearance for $.49 and there are $1/2 coupon.  The cashier stood there and read every word of my coupon.  I stood there patiently waiting for her to finish reading it. 

  • Cashier: You can only use the coupon on retail price. 
  • Me: So if an item is on sale, I can't use a coupon for it? 
  • Cashier: Well you just can't use it on this because it's already $.49.
  • Me: Right...so you just adjust the coupon.
  • Cashier: Well you can't use it.
  • Me:  Can I talk to a manager about this?  I never have this problem at any other CVS.
  • Cashier: Well *I* worked in retail for years and this is how it work.  (But she called the manager anyway.)
    Manager came out.
  • Cashier: She wanted to use these coupons on these tapes and they are only $.49 each.
  • Manager:  Well these are suppose to be for the dispenser.
  • Me:  Okay so I can use it if I buy the dispenser?
  • Manager: Yeah.
    He open another register to help the customers behind me.
  • Cashier:  You can only buy 2 of the dispensers and use 1 coupon. (My coupons was $1 off 2)
  • Me:  Did he say that?
  • Cashier: Yes. 
  • Me: Okay fine, let me grab the dispensers then.  (It was right next to the register.)
  • Cashier: You can go over the manager's lane and he'll check you out.  (Fine by me because I rather he checks me out anyway.)
  • Me:  (Went to manager's lane and asked him just in case)These Febreeze candles are $1.99 and I have a $2 coupon, will that be a problem?
  • Manager: Nah
  • Me:  Can I get as many tape dispenser to cover all my coupons?
  • Manager:  Yeah
  • Me:  Good because she told me I can only get 2.
    I grabbed 15 and the cashier is staring at me.
    Manager rang me up with no problem what-so-ever.
  • Me:  (I said to the manager) Thank you so much.  You are *very* knowledgable.
    I can feel the cashier throwing me daggers as I walk out the door.