I took off yesterday to take care of a sick Ai-Vy. Even though she was her high-maintenance self, it was a lot of fun. She felt much better so I decide to spend my day off today with Ky-An. My poor guy hasn't got much one-on-one time with me since his sister was born. I am always busy taking care of her when they are home that he rarely gets all my attention to himself.
We woke up and I asked him to get dressed so we can leave. He asked where we are going? I told him we are going to see butterflies and see fish movie (Deep Sea 3-D at the Natural Museum of Science). We finally got ready and got him into the car.
I decide to stop by a Walgreens to do the Starbucks deal. 4 Starbucks chocolate and 2 bottled Frappacinos for $8. Ky-An saw me get the chocolate and announce "An chocolate too". I said he's not getting any. I went to checkout and tried to use my $10 Register Reward. I was $1 over so guess what Ky-An gets? Chocolate for breakfast! Great start so far right? ^_^ (He actually had some cereal fro breakfast already and I just gave him 6 pieces of M&Ms.)
So I have my navigation and am on my way downtown to the museum. Well to get to the museum, you have to drive through a roundabout and exit on the street. First, I had trouble GETTING INTO the roundabout itself. I circled the streets about 5 times. It's funny because the roundabout has a huge fountain in the middle so everytime I turn around, Ky-An exclaimed "Oooh a-NO-ther fountain!!!" I've been known for my sense of directions so I was lost for
about an hour. The good thing that came out of it is that Ky-An learned what a left turn is and what a right turn is.
We got to the museum and they told us we had to walk all the way to the other side to get a ticket for the butterfly exhibit. I walked with Ky-An, fighting about 3 schools of kids doing field trips in the process. I finally got the ticket, walk back and saw a sign at the gift shop next to the butterfly exhibit "Get your Bufferfly exhibit tickets here." Are you kidding me??!!!
It was 10:30 and I saw they have a McDonalds. I decide to get some food to beat the lunch rush. After I got the food, I thought maybe they won't let us take it into the exhibit so Ky-An and I sat down to have a brunch. He's been having such healthy food all morning.
After lunch we went to the butterfly exhibit but Ky-An is more interested in the side show they have of all the bugs. We stayed there the majority of the time to look at roaches, centipedes, and ants. He's lucky I love him so much. :P

Playing the ant capturing game:
I finally get him to walk through the butterfly exhibit by telling him we are going to go see the 3-D movie. 

This one is when a butterfly flew right by his face:
We walked all the way to the other end of the building again and wait in line to get our tickets. I asked them what the show times are and the earliest is 1 p.m...it is now 11:30 a.m. Crap!!! I already promise my son we are going to watch a movie but I don't think he will last waiting until 1 p.m. We walked away from the theatre and he starts to cry. I console and tell him we will go get him some butterflies from the gift shop and then go home. (This is after I promise myself no more toys for them but desperate situation calls for desperate measures right?) Of course he happily agrees and this is how he looks 10 minutes into the ride...holding the $10 bag of butterflies.
1 comment:
That's hilarious! Poor guy. You exhausted him. That looks like a cool place, but sounds like Ky-An enjoyed getting there just as much as being there. LOL
Post a Comment