Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hoa's graduation..We have a doctor in the house!

My little sister just graduated this past weekend from the University of Houston Optometry School. Needless to say the whole family is just brimming with pride for her. Not only did she graduate from the top Optometry School of the country, she has the highest GPA of her class! Her research paper was also so well-written that they published it in the Medical Journal.

From the moment she entered college, I knew she was going to be no less than GREAT. I am just so proud of her and all her hardwork these past few years. She made so many sacrifices to get where she is today and she constantly impress me with her intelligence. She would lock herself in her room for days during test time and complain about she did badly on them, only to discover she achieved the highest score. She is always stressed out and worry about her board tests but I never had any doubt that she would pass. There are so many great memories and I just love having her live with us. Now that she've graduated, I know her days living with us are numbered. Needless to say I will miss her like crazy but I know she has to move on to greater and better things. I am sure she will be successful in the future and we are all just so excited for her.

The graduation was great! They had assigned seating so we didn't have to go early to save seats. She got 8 tickets for the lower floor and the rest in the balcony. I volunteered to be in the balcony with my oldest sister and the kids because I don't want them to be too rowdy and ruin her ceremony. Well they still got rowdy and my brother-in-law end up taking them outside. I guess making 2 toddlers and a baby being quiet for over 2 hours is just too much for them.

We barely made it there on time also. As with anything we do, it was very stressful. We went over my aunt's house to have lunch and didn't leave there until 4:13p.m. It take us about 30 minutes to get to the graduation ceremony's location. I asked Hieu to stop by Starbucks because we were all exhausted and I needed some coffee. I had no idea it would take so long at Starbucks and don't know why Hieu just stood and wait instead of leaving. We didn't leave the Starbucks until past 4:30 and Hieu sped all the way to the school. I told Hieu to just park and run in to make sure he is able to take pictures of my little sister when she walk out. I struggled packing up the two kids and getting them to the auditorium. It was a very long walk and Ky-An also wanted to be carried since he didn't get to take his nap and was tired. I was sweating by the time I got to the auditorium! We got there just as the graduates are walking out and they won't let us come in until they are done.

My little sister..the doctor:


Getting her diploma:




Award for highest GPA of her class:


My parents, aunt, and my little sister's boyfriend:


My second oldest sister, Tran, and my nephew, Ethan:


I love this picture of all the kids (minus Ai-Vy):


The whole family after the ceremony. It was extremely hot and the kids were exhausted. Ky-An wouldn't even get out of the stroller.


Four sister and the kiddos:


Our family with my little sister:

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats to your sister! That's fantastic!

asiangard said...

Wow! that is so great!!!

Grace said...

Congratulations to your lil' sis!! Well done!!!

Beautiful pictures, btw!!!

peiszong said...

Congrates! All the best in her future endeavour.

Elizabeth said...

What a great accomplishment. No wonder you are all so proud. I love that first shot that's BW yet she's in color. How artistic. Congratulations.