Friday, May 30, 2008

Coupons and Deals

I think I am going back to spending way too much time on the board and running deals. I really need to be careful before I lose my job over my hobby.

Beside just running the deals, I've extend myself out to other money-saving avenues also. I just found out about Revolutionary Money Exchange through a nice lady on the HWC board, Jane4Girls. They are like pay pal and a lot more places are accepting them as payment. I signed up and got $25 in my account. I've included a referral link on the right if you want to sign up. You get $25 and I get $10. I've also included a referral link for ING Direct. I've used this online bank for years and just love it. Their rates are highly competitive and they are FDIC Insured.


I also got $6 in my Pay Pal account for being part of the Pine Cone Research Panel. They pay me $3 for every survey I fill out for them. It doesn't take much time and I get money to buy coupons or trade with. Another thing I took advantage off are the rebates and Try-Me-Free products. I usually get these products on a deal and then get money back for them also! For example, CVS had the Listerine Smart Rinse for $3.99 and get $3.99 back. I sent it the Try-Me-Free rebate and receive a $2 check from them. Not bad huh?


This is the begining of the month and it also kick start the monthly deal at CVS. I went to several CVS on May 1st and bought all the items that are moneymaker after coupons. On each card I bought:
  • 3 Aquafresh toothpastes @ $2.99 = $8.97 - $3 mnf q = $5.97 - $8.97 ECB back = -$3
  • 3 360 Colgate Toothbrush @ 3.99 = $11.97 - $3 mnf q = $8.97 - $11.97 ECB back = -$3
  • Adidas deodorant @ $.499 - $4.99 Free q = 0 - $.499 ECB back = -$4.99. (Too bad I have only 1 of this coupon.
  • On one of the deals, I had $25 ECB expiring so I put in the Freestyle monitor for $10 and get $10ECB. That's what we call rolling the Extra bucks.

5/4 - Walgreens had a great P&G deal this week that I took full advantage of. Buy 9 items and get $20 Registered Rewards. I posted about it in another post. I tried to explain to my older sister about the concept of buying something you don't need to use the money you get back on the things you do need. This is how I put it to her. You can use $5 to buy 1 box of trash bags at Wal-mart or you can use the $5 to buy Cover Girl make-up that you don't need. Then use the $15 ($20 RR - $5 OOP you spent to get the Cover Girl stuff) you make on it to buy 3 box at trash bags, even at regular price at Walgreens!

I also got some FREE Benadryl cream sticks at CVS this week. They sell the sticks for $3.49 and if I buy 2, I get $5 ECB. There are $1/1 coupons out so I paid $4.98 and get $5 back...FREE!!!

5/11 - CVS had a deal on Crest Glide floss where if you buy $20, get $10ECB. I took full advantage of this deal because I floss everyday and can never have enough. Combine this with the manufacturer coupon for $1/1 and it's a sweet deal! The Schick Intuition was also free after coupon and ECB. These are my favorite type of razors so I grabbed them up.

Then I found out from HWC that the Hawaiin Tropic lip balm works for the Buy 2 Haiwaiin Tropic items and get $10ECB. The lip balms were only $1.99 each so it was a GREAT deal! They were a bit hard to find but I managed to max out my 3 cards. I found it in the clearance aisle at one store for $.50. I was afraid it won't print out the Extra Bucks if they adjust it to the clearance aisle so I took off the sticker and paid full price for the lip balms! I think that's the only time I'd rather pay full price for any item LOL.

5/15 - Kroger had Softsoap hand wash and Bounty Basic single roll towel paper for FREE after coupons!

5/16 - Found out that if you buy a Gillette body wash from Walgreens, a FREE coupon for another Gillette body wash prints outs!! I managed to get about 4 bottles for FREE. I also found some NextCare Band-Aids on Clearance for $1.79. There are $1 coupons out so I got each box for $.79.

5/22 - There was a buzz that Pampers Clean and Go and Pampers swipers wipes are on clearance. I bought about 12 of the multi-packs (3 in each) for $4 each. Combine that with the $2/2 manufacturer coupon and the $4/$20 then you've got a pretty good deal on wipes. I had some extra bucks expiring also so I used them on these. I really need to stop buying wipes because we have so many! CVS also had size 1 and size 2 diapers on clearance for $5 so I used the $1.50 manufacturer coupons on them and bought several packs for my friend who just had a baby.

5/30 - Walgreens came out with a $5/$30 coupon that I had a blast with. This is the scenarios that I did:
1 MiniTouch glucose Monitor - $19.99
1 Shick Trimmer - $9.49
1 Tuf Trash bags - $3.99
_______________________
Subtotal = $33.47
- $5/$30 WAGS coupon
- $19.99 Minitouch coupon
-$4 Schick manufacturer coupn
-$3 WAGS Shick EasySaver coupon
-$.50 Tuf Trash Bags coupons
_______________________
Total pay is $0.98

Repeat this 3 times and you get $3 Wags rebate on the Tuf trash bags.

Kroger had a great deal on Horizon milk where if you buy $20 of their product, you get $4 off instantly. I combined that with the $55/1 coupons and had a blast buying milk the whole month. I tried to take advantage of the deal one last time before the end of the month but it never took off the $4. Since it's a promotion that I got from one of their catalinas and it's not advertised in the store nor in the ads, the customer service person doesn't even know what I am talking about. :(

That's it for the deals this month. On to the hunt for coupons to prepare for next month! ^_^

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

With two kids, about the only computer time I have was at work, but then I heard about a crackdown where 16 lost their jobs for inappropriate internet use and I immediately stopped. So now, I have little to no time to read on HCW. And couponing is the type of thing that goes without saying. You get back as much as you put in. And you are living proof. I think it's awesome that you manage to work full time and still have quality family time and still have time left over to make deals. Good for you. :)

asiangard said...

You are a crazy coupon lady! lol
How did the sit at work pan ut, were they able to recover all the data? I would have been panicked as well!