Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ai-Vy's Two Month Check-up and two shots

Ai-Vy is now 14 pounds, 2 ounces (95%), 22.5 inches long (50%), Head size (75%) The doctor is not very happy because he wants her to gain weight and height proportionally. Apparently she's not doing that because her height is only at 50% while her weight is at 95%. I am not too worry because Ky-An was the same. I think this is just before her growth spurt.

She received 2 Shots. It was suppose to be 4 but my doctor separates it out in 2 visits. I am glad because 4 shots at once is a bit much. She was fussy all day Saturday and can't sleep for longer than 1 hour. She also keep throwing up whenever I give her Tylenol. She won't let me hold her and didn't eat much. The only thing that would keep her semi-happy was in the swing...my poor baby. I remember how much my flu shot hurt so I can just imagine how much pain her chubby legs were in.

She was like that for a whole week and was better by Thursday. Well Friday is the day for her next two shots so it started all over again. She wouldn't eat much all week after her shots so I asked the nurse to weigh her and make sure she's not losing any weight. Well she didn't. In fact, she gained another 8 ounces in 1 week. LOL. Even the nurse was laughing and said to Ai-Vy "your mama was worry that you didn't eat enough but you just didn't want to eat huh."

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Kids are so resilient. That's a good idea to space out the shots. Maya got 5 vacs at both 2 months and 4 months and it was awful.

asiangard said...

My kids are also short on height large on weight! lol
My little ones I mean.