I put Ai-Vy in the babysitter's for a couple of hours in the morning so she can have some exposure since I have to go back to work after the New Year. Hieu is off next week and my sister will be down so I had to drop her off this week to practice. It's good timing because I can also get all my Christmas shopping and chores done. I picked up both kids after 12 and have them home with me. Ky-An sleeps at 12 so I was hoping he will fall asleep in the car on the way home. I was nervous about taking care of both kids but everything went pretty well. I was even able to put both kids to sleep at the same time so I am pretty proud of myself. It feels good to know that I can do it.
Ai-Vy cried for 10 minutes the first day (poor thing) but was better after that. She didn't sleep much but I was expecting that for the transition. I picked them up at 12:30 on Monday, got my eye examined and a pedicure that day. I decide to have them stay there until 3p.m. (after Ky-An's nap) on Tuesday so I can get everything done and have Ky-An home with me in the morning for the rest of the week. On Tuesday I got my hair cut and finish up my Christmas shopping. I came there to pick them up at 3p.m. and the babysitter informed me that she hasn't eat that much. She gave me the bottle to see if she would take the bottle from me. I notice that the bottle is cold and ask her if she heat it up? She told me she thought mother's milk doesn't need heating up. WTH??!! I asked if she not heat up Ky-An's milk before and she said she did, she just forgot. She felt really bad so I just let it go. I made sure to remind her again to just heat the milk in hot water, not the microwave.
Wednesday I had to go to work to take care of some issues and deliver presents to one of my co-worker's kids. Ky-An was entertained by my boss and co-workers while I get some work done. He was very good overall, even sit quietly and draw for about 15 minutes while I take care of some stuff. He's a stickler for his afternoon nap time so I always plan everything carefully. It was 11 a.m. when we left so I changed his diaper and figure we will make it to a restaurant to get some food in him. We can then go to pick up Ai-Vy and he'll probably fall asleep. I tried to play with him and talk to him on the way to keep him awake but the boy fell asleep just as we got to the restaurant. I figure he'll wake up once we get into the restaurant since he just fell asleep. I picked him up, put him on the driver seat while I turn off the engine and grab the key, carry him and the diaper into the restaurant, and order food. Tried as I may, he's dead asleep and won't wake up. I asked for the food to-go and had to balance him, the diaper bag, and the to-go food back out to the car. You saw my son, he's not very light. :)
I picked up Ai-Vy and he stayed asleep until I pull up the driveway. Tell me that's not great timing? I managed to get both kids into the house. Ai-Vy was still asleep so I fed Ky-An and then managed to get him down for his nap also. He was screaming and talking loudly protesting his nap but luckily Ai-Vy was too tired and remain sound asleep.
Thursday Ky-An and I stayed home in the morning to wrap presents for his babysitter and for his little friends there. I fed him and went to pick up Ai-Vy. I let him carry the present for his little friend so he can give it to them but the poor thing fell asleep before we got there. It's not even a ten minutes drive but I guess he was tired. Either that or I am really boring to be around because he keep falling asleep on me. Today he remain asleep when we got home but Ai-Vy was awake. As soon as I got Ai-Vy to sleep, he woke up crying. I somehow managed to calm him down and get him to go back to sleep and kept Ai-Vy asleep also.
Ky-An keep being asleep whenever I come to pick up Ai-Vy so our babysitter didn't get to see him much at all this week. She begged Hieu and I to drop him off early Friday so she can see him before he's off for a week and a half. We set out early today and stopped by Chick-Fil-A for some breakfast. A local radio station was there giving away Hannah Montana tickets and the Chick-Fil-A cow so Ky-An and I joined the festivities. We didn't win the tickets but got a cd. We then went to Target to look for the Christmas outfit for all the kids. Since we are buying it so late, there's hardly anything left. If there is something, I can't find all the sizes we need.
I then decide to drop him off to the babysitter so she can see him while I go hunt down some Christmas outfits. Well he fell asleep again when we got there. I tell ya, he must be bored to tears with me. Our babysitter asked if I can pick them up at 3p.m. instead of 12? I said that's fine because I have some errands to run. I went to several stores and my sisters went to the mall in search of the Christmas outfit for the kids. We were on a mission. By 1 o'clock our mission is accomplished and I ran home to eat some lunch and to pump before running out to pick up the kids.
The week was tiring but it's so much fun finally getting to spend some alone time with Ky-An. I had a blast with him and I think he's warming up to me again because he's clingier to me now. Yeah!!!
1 comment:
This is great news. I knew you could do it. PS I love the new haircut. I forgot to mention that when I saw your Christmas pictures.
Post a Comment