Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ai-Vy refused my breasts!!

Ai-Vy weaned herself from nursing on Christmas night. I am not sure what happened, the night before she was fine and then the next she wailed whenever I give her my breasts. So now I am pumping again like I did with Ky-An. I am sad that she won't be nursing anymore but I am also tired of fighting with her everytime. In the past few months, I had to wait until she's almost asleep before she's patient enough to nurse. Whenever she's too hungry and I offer the breasts, she will get all worked up and refused it while I am trying to calm her leaking everywhere. She is also getting more and more impatient waiting for the milk to come every feeding so I guess I should know this was coming.

There are some perks about nursing that I do miss, the closeness with her, the convenience, and the ability to tell when she's hungry. I am also not getting as much milk as when I nursed her because I guess the suction from the pump is not the same. Oh well, I will take what I can get. On a lighter note, I told Hieu pumping sucks and he asked if that's a pun! LOL.

3 comments:

asiangard said...

I would switch places with you now! I wish Bailey would begin to wean!

Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. I can't believe it. I guess it has to come to an end. Sooner or later. That Hieu is a funny guy. Very nice! Pun. LOL

Grace said...

Do you think it is because you are not constantly breastfeeding??

She's still little..... awwww!