- He can play Hide-and-Seek. He would cover his hands over his eyes and go "one, chu, three".
- Whenever Hieu drives over a big bump, Ky-An goes "uhhh-ohhhh". That doesn't happen anymore in our new van. :)
- He can say so many words that I am losing track. I think this will be my last entry on the words he can say.
- "A Vy",
- "An" referring to himself
- "ai vay" for who is it
- "apple
- "bam" for push
- "be" for broken
- "bim bim" "butterfly" for butterfly
- "bu" whenever the baby is nursing
- "cam" for orange
- "cay" for tree
- "chen" for bowls
- "co" for grass
- "cow"
- "daddy"
- "dau" for head
- "dau roi" for where is it
- "den" for light
- "dep qua" for pretty
- "einstein"
- "gau" for bear
- "heo" for pig, "uc uc" for oink oink
- "hipbo" for hippo
- "hu ca co" for giraffe
- "hoa" for flowers
- "kien" for ants for glases
- "khoc" whenever his sister cries
- "lan" for salamander
- "len lau" for going upstairs
- "len dau" for on head
- "lua" for fire
- "mat" for eyes
- "mieng" for mouth
- "mommy"
- "mui" for nose
- "move!"
- "nay ne" for here it is or here I am
- "nhay" for jump
- "nhin nhin" for spider
- "ngoai" for outside
- "ngon qua" for yummy
- "ngu" for sleep
- "nua" for again
- "ong" "bzz" for bee
- "sach" for book
- "sua" whenever he wants milk. He would also point at my breast and said milk too.
- "prity" whenever he see flowers
- "tao" for apple
- "te" for fall
- "them" for more
- "tho" for rabbit
- "train" "choo choo"
- "wacket" for rocket from Little Einsteins
- He would scream "xong roi" means done! when he's done sitting on the toilet.
- He was on his stool to brush his teeth and fell off. He got really mad and hit the stool and goes "Owie! Owie". He does that with the floor if he trips also.
- I was putting him to sleep last night and he point at the ceiling fan. He goes "quat" for fan..then make the connection to "quack quack" then "vit" for duck. Too cute.
- When I asked him where his youngest aunt is, he pointed upstair because she went upstair to her room.
- He understand almost everything I told him. I asked him to show my sister's boyfriend the new frog gift his uncle gave him and he ran over to the frog and push the button to make it go "Ribbit".
- A big car like a bus or a semi-truck is "choo-choo" to him. Any fish that is big is "ca map" or a shark.
- He's extremely picky when he eats now. If we feed him something, he would take a step back to see what it is, stick out his tongue to make sure he likes the taste, THEN he would eat it. Even if he eats it, two bites and he's done. He does that at the babysitter's also and she would cook him 3 meals before he would eat. Talk about spoil!
- He loves to read his book or have us read to him and points out all the things that he knows.
- He can recognize his sister and cousin in pictures.
- The other day he was pointing at a horse in his book and say "nua". I thought it was a dog so I said "no, it's a dog". He goes nooo, "nua" and I realized then he was right. He then goes "heeeeeee" to make the horse noise..too cute.
- He does not stay in one place whenever he sleeps anymore, he would roll all over the bed. Sometimes he'll roll right on top of Hieu and sleeps there. Son and dad are dad are both oblivious to this.
- Hieu's family was flying in for the kid's baptism and I was teaching Ky-An how to say "ba noi" and "chu Binh". I was saying one word at a time so he can repeat after me. I go "chu" and then he followed with "three"!!
- He's getting into the terrible twos. There's more screeching from him whenever he's frustrated at something. He's also showing more jealousy. He would whine if he sees Hieu holding Ai-Vy and refuses to be anywhere near her. Hieu put Ai-Vy in his stroller once and he tried to push her out of the way. Poor guy is still trying to deal with it but I hope he gets over this stage soon.
Ai-Vy is a really sweet baby. She would lay there talking and playing by herself for an hour. Whenever she sees you, she'll give you a big smile and try to talk to you. Doesn't matter if it's in the middle of the night and she's hungry, she'll smile first when she sees you then fuss for milk.
- She would giggle out loud in her sleep and coos all the time.
- She would calm down whenever I touch her.
- She would only chomp on the pacifier if she's hungry but has gas and can't eat.
- She does not like my nursing on my left boob unless she's drowsy.
- She doesn't have the patience to nurse unless she's drowsy. When she's really hungry then she has no patience to wait for me letdown either. We have to give her the bottle.
- Her fingers has to grip something whenever she fall asleep, whether it be my shirt or a blanket.
- She can move her head side-to-side whenever I give her tummy time.
- She can turn to her side whenever I let her lay on the bed.
- She likes to sleep unswaddle now and loves to snuggle up to a blanket.
- She likes to be put to sleep on her side. I find that she sleeps longer this way.
- I guess I can say she sleeps through the night on most nights. The first stretch of the night she sleeps for at least 5-6 hours. Putting her down for that first stretch is still difficult. She is still fussy during that time.
- She doesn't like me to cradle her now unless she's sleepy. She likes to be held upright or face front.
- To put her to sleep, I'll put her sideway on my lap, bounce on the bed, and pat her butt. She'll lean into my chest and go to sleep.
- She has to be in a quiet place to feed and to sleep. If she hears voices, she'll keep opening her eyes and look around to see where it comes from. However, if the noise is constant like in a restaurant then she's fine with it. I take her to eat several times and she'll fall asleep at the restaurant so I can eat. What a good little girl.
2 comments:
Seems like they are developing right on time! Wow Ky-An has so many words now!
This is so great. What a great memory to have to look back on.
Post a Comment