Today is our 8th year anniversary. Hieu went out with Ky-An and bought me a beautiful bouqet of roses the day before. He went home and arrange them himself in one of our vases. He really does a better job than some store bought one. I've always yell at him before for going out to buy a whole arrangement of flowers including the vase. First off, they really don't look as good as his arrangement and the flowers are not as fresh. Second, we really have no space for these vases because we accumulated so many of them. We have a whole cabinet full of vases that he bought! I just don't see why we should spend extra money on some vase that we are going to end up putting in the recycling bin.
Back to the topic, Hieu also got me this great table where I can put my laptop and a drink on. We put away our glass coffee table since Ky-An was mobile and I have been complaining about how the laptop gets so hot on my lap. In addition, it's not comfortable having it on my lap or my stomach. This table will be useful when I have to lay in bed for a month after delivery also. I got him a flash battery that he wanted from Amazon and some other stuff for later. *wink wink*.
We went to this restaurant call Nellore. It's just like Fogo de Chao but the atmosphere is calmer and less noisy. I didn't like the food much though, I prefer Fogo de Chao with their variety and taste. I also didn't like the fact that our waiter stood on the side the entire meal to wait on us. Some people may like that kind of service but I wasn't comfortable. I feel like he's eavesdropping on our conversation and I have to eat carefully because he's watching us the whole time. I am so not a high-society kinda gal..hehe.
I can't believe we've been married for 8 years..wow! I promise Hieu we'll do something special for our 10 year in 2009. Maybe take a trip or something. The kids will be a little older then but I still don't know if we'll be able to leave them to go on this trip. I met Hieu my sophomore year of college, when I was about 18. It was during the winter time and berets were in fashion then. He took one look at me in Psychology class and was smitten :P. He found a mutual friend and asked her for my number. She called me later on to ask if she can give my number away. I said no, I wasn't interested. Thank goodness she ignored me and gave him my number anyway. He called me later on that night and we chat. I was at an age where I am only interested in bad boys type and Hieu was such a "good boy". Luckily I got smart and realize what a great guy he is. We moved in together when I was 19 (shhhhh never tell my family) and got engaged when I was 21. I was planning a wedding and trying to graduate at the same time that year. (I think I crave stress in my life or something. I seem to have a lot of those stressful, hectic time in my life. )
Happy Anniversary babe. Here's to 92 more years!!!
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
It will be our 8 year next month as well - congratulations!!
I was into the 'bad boy' type too... thank goodness Chris whisked me away from all that =)
Awww...how sweet! Happy Anniversary!
How awesome! Congratulations. You are Hieu are a perfect match. Mine is coming up next month. 6 years. I would like to make it to Hawaii for our ten year anniversary. I can hope, right?
Happy anniversary!
I can guess how old are you, hehe! So young..........
Happy Anniversary!
What is it about guys and berret? ll My SIL said that is how she caught her hubby too! ha ha
Happy 8th anniversary, they say if you make it 8 years you can make it forever!
Post a Comment