Ky-An has been fussing a lot whenever we put him in the carseat. He would cry the entire trip or would try to twist his head back to see us and then get mad when he can't. I had plan to keep him rear-facing as long as possible, maybe until Ai-Vy is born, because it's safer but I think it's time. I finally made the decision to let him face front this weekend and he loves it!! I did have to remind Hieu to drive carefully and don't brake too hard since his neck is still weak. Ky-Andoesn't fuss in the car anymore because he gets to see everything and see us! He loves talking to us and pointing to things out in the steeet or on the road. The carseat goes up to 60 pounds so I hope to keep him this way for a while.
Hieu has also been taking swimming lessons with Ky-An and both are doing really well!! I still tag along every Saturday and sat on a chair poolside to watch them. He's actually participating in all the songs and activities now. He even look around and is more interested in things. He laughs and hugs the teacher and doesn't cry when she takes him anymore. What a dramatic difference from a month ago! The only thing he still doesn't like is when the teacher make him float on his back. He keep trying to flip back around. I told Hieu he has to practice that with Ky-An more. I don't blame him though because I don't like floating on my back either. I hate the feeling of water getting into my ears!
While sitting on the poolside, I get to observe what the other kids are doing and it's just amazing! The class above this one the kids are about 3-5 and they jump into the pool themselves, swim for a little bit and then flip over to float and then back to swimming again. This is also when they'll be doing the floating test where they throw the kid in the pool full-clothed and they have to float for 5 minutes or get to a side of the pool. This is to test if they happen to fall into any body of water if they can float and wait for help or get to safety. That's a great piece of mind but Ky-An won't be doing it for another year or so. I am not even sure if we are going to keep him in their that long because I read in Parenting magazine that kids can't physically learn to swim until they are 4 years old.
3 comments:
I'm so proud of Ky-An and his swim lessons. I really, really would like it if my boys knew how to swim, especially Joshua. I'm going to put Ethan in lessons this Fall and see how he'll do. I put Joshua in when he was 4 as well, but after 3 lessons (he failed the final one)... he didn't want to do it anymore =(
Great news that he is liking swim lessons!! I'm sure that makes that so much easier for you.
One of the hardest lessons I had to learn as a mom was how to ask for help and admit that I needed help. Glad you have people around to help you.
Wow, I didn't realize you had him facing the rear still. He's always saying wow or car or screaming when he sees a plane. I can't wait to get Jayden started with swim lessons. He loves the pool.
Post a Comment