Friday, July 27, 2007

I need more shelves...and more TIME!!!

I've been so busy with couponing it's crazy. In fact, I have way too many hobbies that I just can't keep up!! I am so far behind on my blog that I am not sure when I am going to catch up. My Chinese-subbed movies are all sitting in the harddrive needing me to burn them to DVDs. My couponing is taking up all my time and I really need more shelves to put all the stuff I bought. You'd think with a 3400 sq. ft. home, there'd be plenty of room for me to store stuff. We just need to put more shelvings in...everywhere.

On top of that, I bought the last Harry Potter book and am trying to finish it. I end up staying up until 12 or 1 a.m. every night just to read and because I can't put it down. It's the last book so I have to finish it and I am dying to find out what happen. I have the audio version of the book and Hieu loves it. I tried listening to it at work but I don't think I am an audio person. I had to listen to one part 5 times just to catch what they are saying and then I fell asleep! At work!! That's when I realized audio books are not for me. Plus I don't enjoy it as much when I am listening to it. I rather read even though I know it's going to take me forever.

There's been so many good deals going on lately that it's been keeping me extremely busy also. Besides the usual preview of next week's ad and planning my strategy, clipping, and organizing them away to my binder. I get 1 copy of the newspaper for a preview on Saturday, get another deliver on Sunday. I stop by this lady's house after work on Monday to pick up her extra coupons and another one's house on Tuesday for more extras. I save my clipping to Tuesday or Wednesday so I can do it all at once and file them away. That process would take a couple of days because I also make a list of all the coupons I don't want for my trading list at the same time. Then the process starts all over again! I am hoping as I am getting more used to this, I'll figure out a way to streamline the process and do it quicker in less time. I have collected so many coupons that I now have 2 separate binders. I have a small one for food and a 2" one for other stuff. Good thing I separate them too because now I don't have to lug them all around for they can get pretty heavy.

I also make multiple trips to these stores every week because I don't want to do more than 2 transactions at a time or the cashiers will give me the evil eyes. I also check the board everyday to see if there is any good deals I missed and there's usually some.

Last Sunday I got Huggies diapers and Viva paper towels deal from CVS. I got 2 Huggies, 2 Excedrin, and 1 Shout for $5.71 and got $30 ECB back. I also did my first negative amount transaction this week. I got 4 Cottonelle toilet paper because we are running low and 1 Viva towel paper for -$.50. I had to throw in a pack of gum to bring the total back up. This week there wasn't anything great at CVS so I just stock up with more Scott 1000 toilet paper. I got 3 12-pk, 1 Softsoap, 2 Arrid deodorants for Hieu and Chi, and 2 Cover lip gloss for $2.43 and got $10ECB back.

I got 6 Airwick Ultra and 5 Lysol NutraAir for $.99 that's regular priced at $11.99. I gave one to Chi, one to Hieu's little brother Joseph because his room needs some help..hehe, and one in our room. Now get this..I list the rest on Craig's List and my work bulletin and sold all of them!!! I sold 6 of the Airwicks for $22 to this young lady on Craig's List and $10 for the 2 Lysol to my co-worker. Hieu said I have reach a new level on my couponing..haha.

There was a bunch of great coupons that were expiring on 7/31 so I try to use as many of them as I can. I use Noxema as my cleanser and had a bunch of B1G1F coupons so I went to Wal-mart and stock up. I got 14 Noxema cleanser, 3 Red Spice Body Wash, 6 Red Zone trial size deodorant, 5 Tampax Pearl trial size, and 4 Huggies CleanTeam wipes for $19.39! I also went to Target and got 10 boxes of baby food, 3 Easy up/Feel n' Learn, 3 Kandoo wipes for $17.65. Still had to pay some money but it's still cheaper than what I would have pay for them before and diapers are never cheap.

As mentioned above, I am running out of room to store all these stuff and keep having to make room to store them away. I hope I can talk Hieu into making some shelves for me!!

1 comment:

Grace said...

I'm glad to hear that your couponing is going well, but I do hope that you are still saving because you seem to be buying lots of stuff and needing more shelves for the extra stuff... LoL. Do you go through all that stuff so quickly?