Hieu's car broke down as soon as he pulled up to our babysitter's house this morning. He had to call Chi to come and take him home so he can drive Joseph's car to work. My gosh, Hieu always bail his little brother out of trouble but whenever Hieu needs his help, he's useless. Anyway, Hieu came back at lunch to try and fix his car and went into our babysitter's house to borrow a pair of pliers. She went into their bedroom and reach under the bed for their tool box and pull out a holster with a GUN with it. This is the bed that Ky-An sleeps on sometimes! Hieu was so upset, the gun has a magazine full of bullets in it. Even though it's not loaded, it's still scary. Her husband is a security guard so he bought that for his job. Before Hieu left, he unload all the bullets and separate the magazine. He told her if they don't go get a lockbox for it, he will. I told him to go ahead and buy a lockbox for them because I don't want that thing around.
He came back that evening with a lockbox for them and her husband was being an ass. He tried to tell Hieu that it's not dangerous because it wasn't loaded! And that he hid it from the kids already. Hieu got even more upset and tell him how many kids died with their parents hiding the guns? What would you do if something happen to one of the kids? How are you going to repay? The husband then knew he's in the wrong so he shut up. He tried to explain that he usually put it away in a safe place but last night he was so tired so he forgot. That is so not a good excuse. Hieu also wanted to tell him that if something happen to Ky-An, all of their family's lives cannot replace it. I told him that's a bit much and I am glad he didn't tell them that. We really hate guns and won't even let Ky-An own any toy ones. We are afraid that he'll find a real one and think it's a toy. They are just so scary to me. I really believe that people who own guns die by a gun. I keep telling my dad that but I don't think he believes me. ^_^ What's scarier is that we have Concealed Handgun law here in Texas so you never know if you will set someone off one day.
I told Hieu to tell our babysitter that if we see that gun out again, Ky-An is not coming back. She said she understands. Her husband is always working and hardly ever home when Ky-An is there or I would've find another babysitter already. I can't wait until we can get her to come to our house instead. I will feel so much better then when I have better control of his environment.
I feel really bad for our babysitter because she's such a sweet old lady and I really love her. She also hates gun and she said she's really nervous when he brought that one home. Her husband is just a jerk and I feel bad she has to live with him. When they lived in Vietnam, he never worked a day in his life. She was one of those food vendors outside all day supporting the family. She said it was a big shock for him to come here and realize he had to work. Imagine that, a man who has to work to help out his family. (Insert sacarsm here). To top it off, he decides to take a trip back to Vietnam by himself this weekend to visit his family. This is a family where all the kids had to work and go to school to help pay the bills. And here he is taking their money for the trip by himself. So glad I am not related to him!
4 comments:
I'm sorry, but guns and kids do not mix!
Being a security guard he should know that!
If he is going to be an ass about putting the gun in a secure box then I would find another babysitter.
You should tell them you have already lost one child you cannot bear to lose another!
I can totally understand why you are upset! We don't allow toy guns, either, and will never, ever own a real one! I would never want any of my children to have a tragic accident with a gun. Hiding it is not enough!
I feel bad for your friend, too. Her husband sounds like a real ass!
Rhiannon,
She told us today she got so upset at him leaving his gun carelessly out that she made him put his gun in the lock box and leave it in the car. He's not allow to bring the gun in the house again. I am so glad she has some sense!
OMG, this is very serious. I am glad you guys put your foot down and hope it resolves itself soon. This is very dangerous. I don't know about you, but there's nothing I can hide from Jayden. He will eventually find it and remember it's hiding place. I pray that he uses the lock box that you guys got for him. Wow, I am in shock.
Post a Comment