Monday, February 5, 2007

The shock has wore off

Thanks to all you ladies who left me comments and for to the ladies on my May '04 Angels board on Babycenter, I feel much better about the news now. I am not panicking as much and is actually getting used to the idea. I just hope everything turns out well with this pregnancy with no complications. One day at a time, one day at a time.

My biggest source of worry was Ky-An's babysitting situation. Our current babysitter love him so much and spoils him to death that I don't think I can find anyone to replace her. When you find someone who is genuinely good to your kid, it's priceless. I will pay top dollar for that. I was stressed out because the other lady whose kid she babysat for is also pregnant with a baby coming this year. That lady is her relative so I don't see my babysitter declining her and would watch Ky-An and his new sibling. I was really sad that I had to find a new nanny for Ky-An and hope she'll be as good to him. I was also sad that he'll have to get used to someone else and she'll have to get used to him.

Luckily Hieu went to talk to the babysitter today and found out some good news. Turns out she doesn't like the other lady too much, even though she's her relative. That lady told our babysitter that since she already paid her for the older kid, she should watch the newborn for free. Our babysitter is a bit miffed about that. It's one thing for you to offer it but it's another for someone to come and demand it from you. Her son recently has to quit his job because his college load is getting heavy so she really can't do with less money and more work. (That's the asian way. The whole family work and pitch in to the family income.) Hieu told her jokingly what if we have another one? She laughed and said she will come to our house and watch both of them. That is so awesome!!! I can't tell you what a relief and how happy that makes Hieu and I. We were so worry about the whole situation and for it to work out is near perfect. I just hope that she'll still feel that way when the new baby comes.

In Ky-An news, he cried for the first time when Hieu dropped him off today. Usually he's distracted with people or toys to care when Hieu leaves but today he was crying. Hieu made it worst by keep coming back and then leaving again. I told him next time just leave like it's not big deal. Don't make a big production out of it or he'll think you are not coming back. At least that's what I read in those Parenting magazines. I hope it works!

Ky-An is walking around more now. Here's a little video Hieu made of him walking last weekend. http://www.chaule.net/videoplayer.asp?videosource=kawalking. He's getting more and more confident each day. Before we'll be holding him while he walks and just let go and he'll continue on himself. Now he'll actually let go by himself and walk towards us. So cute. Even when we are holding him to walk around, we can hold him by one hand instead of two like before. He's so funny, whenever he's walking around and saw a toy he wants to play or something he wants to mess with, he'll just plop down with no warning what-so-ever.

I've taken him off milk again and on Nestle 2. He doesn't like it much but I mix in a little milk and he'll take it just fine. I need his rash to go away before I put him back on milk again. Hieu's not too sure it's milk allergy but he's not the one waking up at night when Ky-An is screaming. Nor is he the one having to deal with Ky-An crying not wanting to go to sleep. Ever since I put him on formula again, he's been sleeping well again and not constipated. His rash is also going away even though he's still getting some milk. Who knows if it's even milk that was bothering him. It's all a guessing game.

3 comments:

Juliet said...

I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better about being pregnant. That really is a relief about the babysitter.

My husband thinks that, since dairy is not a part of the Asian diet, most Asians are not going to react well to it. So maybe it was the milk that was bothering KyAn. Just a guess.

Okay. I'm off to watch the video of KyAn walking. ^_^

Lauren said...

Well, I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better about the new baby. That's really interesting what your babysitter said...definitely good for you guys! I'm sorry KyAn's having such a hard time with milk. I thought he had a doctor's appointment coming up--if so, what did his doctor say about it?

Chau said...

Lauren,

I thought his doctor's appointment is today but I checked my calendar yesterday and it's not until the 20th. I am going to leave him on Next Step formula until his rash goes away entirely then maybe I'll reintroduce it again. I'll have to ask his doctor about his congestion also. He still has it and I heard that sometimes that's a sign of allergy or asthma.