Wednesday, February 21, 2007

We have a climber!

Ky-An was just standing at the stairs playing and then he attempts to climb up. Hieu and I didn't think he can do it because he can hardly crawl so we didn't think he can coordinate his hands and legs to climb. Well he sure proved us wrong because he starts climbing one after another, sometimes not even using his knees. We got all excited and Hieu ran to get the camera. I had to stop him after a while because he seemed tired. The poor guy was sweating and huffing, too cute.

I think I've also found out the reason to his whining/crying at night. Some of the time it's because his foot is stuck in his blanket or if he can't find me but I think the main reason is that the pillow we put him on is too high and he can't roll over whenever he wants. It was good for when he had a runny nose because it helped his congestion but now he's not comfortable in it. I just happen to switch the pillow tonight just to see if that was it. Sure enough, he slept well through most of the night without a whine. He still wakes up at about 4-5 everyday though. If I can move over next to him and lay really still then he'll go back to sleep. He settled back to sleep this morning but then I had to use the restroom and as soon as I got out of bed, he starts wailing. I ran back to bed but that was that, he tried to turn this way and that to go back to sleep but end up waking up and starts babbling at 5 a.m.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Uh-oh...sounds like you're going to have to break out a gate for those stairs! Way to go, KyAn!

Glad you figured out that he needed a new pillow. Hopefully he'll keep sleeping better for you!

Juliet said...

KyAn just skips right on to the climbing!

He wakes up when I do! That is way too early for a kid to be up! hehe

asiangard said...

KyAn is so cute! I can just imagine him all huffing and puffing up the stairs!
I know what it's like not to get a good night sleep! I'm glad you found out thr reason

Elizabeth said...

Lauren took the words right out of my mouth. Time for the baby gate. Jayden did not come in contact with the stairs until he was about 14 months and his uncle taught him what to do. Of course, I was filled with emotion when Jayden fell down trying to go up the steps 3 days later. The last time he was near steps was for Thanksgiving and he was much better at it. He climbed up half way one day before we realized and put up the baby gate for the rest of the visit. They move fast. Can't wait for you to get a picture of it.