Monday, February 12, 2007

I've created a monster

With Ky-An whining when he sleeps, I thought maybe he's uncomfortable on our bed so I proceed to move him to the crib and see if he's more comfortable there. Of course that was a mistake. I put him to sleep on our bed Saturday night and after he whined about 3 times, I moved him to his crib. He stopped whining and I thought great! This may work after all. At about 2 a.m. I heard him stirring in his crib. I thought maybe if I lay really still he'll go back to sleep. WRONG!! The next thing I heard is "thug thug thug" from his feet kicking the mattress. Then a series of "tah tah tah, da da, bah bah bah". I let out a big sigh and went to pick him up from his crib to bring him to our bed. He got really excited when I picked him up, I guess he thought it's time for him to wake up and go outside. I tried to put him back to sleep for the next 2 hours. After I gave him some milk, he finally went back to sleep at 4 a.m. Not a funny night. Teach me to try and put him in his crib!

I didn't sleep well last night either. He likes to scoot his face right next to me so my arms and shoulder are sore from him pressing against it. My arms also hurt because he's right next to me so I can't put it down. I have to get up, move him back to the middle of his pillow about 10 times last night so I can have some room to sleep. It's sweet that he likes to be so close to me but I wasn't feeling it last night. Since he's on a king size pillow and is scoot all the way to one side, we are going to scoot him more on Hieu's side tonight and Hieu will share a pillow with Ky-An. I hope it works out because I need some room to sleep! Ky-An also gets excited whenever he sees Hieu's face because Hieu is usually the person who takes him outside every morning. So everytime he sees Hieu's face during the night, he's start laughing or start hitting his face to try and get him up. I usually have to put a blanket between him and Hieu so he can't see his daddy.

On other Ky-An news, he stood up from being on his stomach today!!! I am so excited. He has never been able to do anything himself like sit himself up, pull himself up to stand, etc. He's been more comfortable on his stomach so he's hanging out on that more. He has been scooting around and today he was on his stomach reaching for something. Put his hand on my lap and pull himself up on all fours. I really didn't think he'll make it but he then stood up and we were so proud!!! He has also seem to tolerate milk okay. No more rash in his bottom and no more uncosolable crying at night. Yeah!! We are going to continue with 1/2 formula and 1/2 milk until he's out of formula.

On the pregnancy front, I've been having cold chills and hot flashes lately. I don't remember having this with any of my other pregnancies so I am not sure what it is. I am usually cold during the day. The kind of chills that you feel in your bones. In the middle of the night somewhere, I start getting hot and sweat. Then after I sweat for a bit I get cold again. Very strange. I hope that's normal pregnancy symptoms.

4 comments:

asiangard said...

Wow! Yay for KyAn!
I was hot and cold a lot while preggo, I think it is just your hormones going crazy!

Juliet said...

The transition from bed to crib is never easy. I hope you find a way soon, though. YOu need your rest. Especially now.

It's great to hear about KyAn's progress! Go KyAn! hehe

By the way, I finally updated my blog again. LOL

Happy Momma said...

Yeah on KyAn's prgress. He is doing great.

I was like that too when I was pregnant. Towards the end though I was always warm.

Elizabeth said...

I'm proud of you for trying. I think you should continue to try every now and again and one day, he'll be content there. I worry that the longer you leave him in bed, the harder it will be to transition him. I am wondering how to transition Jayden to a big boy bed. I will need his crib in about 4 months or so for his baby sister. Golly, if it's not one thing, it's another.