Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sleep Issues with Ai-Vy

Ai-Vy doesn't sleep well during the day and I am still trying to figure out why. She would sleep for 15 - 30 minutes after I put her down. Then she'll wake up and sometimes if I pick her up, she'll go right back to sleep then wake up in 15 or 30 minutes and the cycle starts again.

I've tried every combination possible. I swaddled her, unswaddled. sleep with pacifier, without pacifier, sleep in the dark, on her side, on her back, even on her stomach. I hold her when she sleeps and she still wakes up in 15 to 30 minutes. I tried to wait until she fuss then put her to sleep hoping that'll make her stay down longer but that didn't work either. The only thing that work is if I lay down to sleep with her but as soon as I get up, so does she. It's tiring trying to get her to sleep the whole day. I bought a Comfy Joey pouch from a lady on BabyWearer.com. I am praying this is the answer to my problem.

Contrastly at night she's a doll after she's down. Before that she's a nightmare also. I think from 4-8 is her fussy time because she's tired and cranky but won't sleep. Last night she wouldn't go to sleep until 10:30p.m! The good news is that she slept until 4 a.m. Her first stretch of night is usually 6-7 hours, that's sleeping through the night right??

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Maya is fussy too. Teething! Poor baby. The swing was my saving grace tonight.