Monday, November 26, 2007

Couponing deals

Couponing has been a hit and miss lately. It's tiring whenever I have to go out with Ai-Vy so I would only make the trip if it's a really really good deal. I also wake up early on Sundays to do my CVS run while Hieu watches them when the kids are still fresh and happy. I find that I like doing my deals that early in the morning. There's not a lot of people and it's quiet so the shopping trip is like my therapy. I have give up trying to clip all my coupons. I just write the date in black marker on the front and put them in a tubberwear box. I only clip out what items I use and others that Elizabeth or my sister may want. I rely on Hot Coupon World's coupon database for the rest. If there's a good deal posted or if someone is looking for something to trade then I'll look up the database to see when the coupon came out. Couponing has turn into a necessity because it's the second month in a row that we are under budget for grocery. I have to continue working the deals so that we can make our money stretch further, especially with two kids now.These are the good deals I got lately. Most of the bags are still on the floor in my closet..hehe.

I got 21 Purell Foam Hand Sanitizer bottles for free or with an overage from Walgreens. 24 bottles of Loreal Vive shampoo/conditioner for free there also because they had a B1G1 Free sale and I have a B1G1 Free coupon. My Walgreens are great and took them with no problem. One cashier was doubtful and called her manager. I was expecting her to tell me I can't do it but she told the cashier that as long as the coupons doesn't beep to push them through. I was pleasantly surprise. I also got 7 rolls of Brawny paper towels for $.19. That's pretty good for towel paper I think. I also got 3 Clorox Anywhere spray, Clorox bleach, and Clorox wipes..all free after coupons.

At CVS I got 8 Garnier Fructis facial cleanser towels for free. They don't have a lot of good deals lately except for on Black Friday. They had a bunch of stuff free after their Extra Care Bucks and the sale start on Thanksgiving!! Thanks to the forum I found that out and I don't think a lot of people knew that because it was dead when I went on Thanksgiving. It was funny I got to the store a bit early and it's the first time in my life sitting in the parking lot waiting for a store to open. Beside a bunch of money maker deals I mentioned, I got 2 bathrobes for $5. This robe is so soft and soooo comfortable! Ky-An loves it because it feel like his blanket. I fell asleep in it twice on Thanksgiving so I had to come back on Black Friday to get another one.

On Black Friday I got 10 small bottles of Tide 2x for $1 each at Walgreens. It was on sale for $1.99 at Walgreens and I have 6 $.50 off coupons. Then I found $1 coupons in the store on a bigger bottle. I took that and used it for these little bottles making them only $.99 each. The limit is 2 so I had to run to several Walgreens around my area but it's so awesome. These Tide bottles are so cute and I just looking at my stash. :)

After 1.5 hours of shopping and CVS and the various Walgreens, I came home so Hieu can do his shopping. He took Ky-An with him and they went to Michael's and got all different size of frames that was on sale for $100. It cost us another $100 to develop all the pictures (we are a bit behind on our picture development) but it's so worth it. I love seeing the kids everywhere when I walk around the house now.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I did pretty well on Thanksgiving day at CVS too. It felt good to do a deal after a couple of weeks of no time to do anything. My biggest problem now is that I have a $40 ECB to spend! Glad you like the robe. I'll have to keep that in mind.