Monday, October 1, 2007

Home alone with the kids

Hieu went back to work today so I am home with the kids...well in the morning anyway. I kept Ky-An at home until lunch time. Then Hieu comes home and take him to the babysitter so I can rest and concentrate on Ai-Vy. I don't know how you moms of more than one kids do it. I only watch the both of them for 3 hours in the morning and I was so tired. It's nice to be able to spend some time with Ky-An away from his dad and he's just so darn cute but it's so tiring. I did well this morning though so I was really happy I can at least handle those few hours. Hieu was doubting whether I can handle them both so I showed him! :P

Ky-An is still clinging to his dad, even when he's sleeping he would scoot up and cuddle next to dad. One time he woke up crying at night, I came in to try and soothe him but that only made him cry harder. He only wanted daddy. If I try to hug him or touch him while daddy is holding him, he would swat my hands away or push me away. He would excitedly run up to daddy and greet him but could care less whenever he sees me. If I try to hold him when he wants dassy then he would run away and scream bloody murder. I know that happen sometimes but my feelings was hurt. It's hard to try and reason with your emotions. Here's a little boy that's been depending on you for everything in his first year then you can't take care of him for several months and he suddenly doesn't need you anymore. That was something I wasn't expecting at all.

I've been trying to spend more time with him, hoping I'll be back to being his favorite again. :P That's one of the reasons why I wanted to keep him at home for at least the mornings. My sister said I am pushing it but I really am feeling good. I think I've fully recovered since the third day after surgery! I've been off pain killers and even carry Ky-An sometimes with no problem. I even hung around while Hieu gives him a bath just to spend some time with the little guy. Today Hieu was having trouble putting him to sleep, he keep climbing all around, stand up on the bed, and sings. I put Ai-Vy to sleep and came in to tell Hieu to let me try. I thought for sure he would throw a tantrum when daddy left the room but he didn't. He calmed down almost immediately and went to sleep shortly after that. I am so glad to know I still got the magic touch! LOL.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awww! Alone time is so important. I'm happy you are doing it little by little. Before you know it, you will be handling them both for the full day with no problem whatsoever! I'm so proud of you!

peiszong said...

One more sentense.

Let daddy feels SPECIAL & IMPORTANT to Ky-An too, at least for the next few months........:P