Friday, October 26, 2007

Ai-Vy's progress and Ky-An's toilet-training prep

Ai-Vy really hate the carseat and if she wakes up in it or is awake when I put her in, she'll scream her little head off. With Ky-An I didn't go anywhere for at least 4 months because I just don't have it together to take him out and plus he was difficult. With Ai-Vy I take her out at 2 weeks but it's more out of necessity to run errands. There's only so much Hieu can do and I can't sit around and wait until he has time to run all my errands for me. It's also not easy for him to run around doing all these things because he has to take Ky-An wherever he goes.

I took her to pick up some stuff today and she woke up when I put her in the carseat. I usually wait until she's asleep before I go so she doesn't fuss. I was hoping she'll fall back to sleep once I start driving but she start whining a bit. I hope she'll calm down since she's not really crying so I keep on driving. She then starts crying and then screaming her lungs out. I stopped by a gas station to see if I can calm her down and I see little tears in the corner of her eyes. I felt horrible at this point for not stopping earlier. My baby needed me to comfort her and I ignored her. Seeing her little tears make me so sad. I realize that I don't run everytime I hear a peep out of her or when she starts crying like I did with Ky-An. I usually try to finish whatever I am doing (like washing my hands or shampoo out of my hair) instead of dropping everything like I did with Ky-An. She definitely cries longer and more than Ky-An before I pick her up.

She still sleeps most of the day and sometimes when she stays up too long, she'll fuss and I'll have to craddle her tightly up against my armpit. Sway her in my arms (it's good excerise I tell you) and make shushing sound. That will calm her almost immediately and she goes to sleep. It's cute whenever she calm down after a screaming fest, she'll let out a sigh and then goes "a-ger" before closing her eyes. If I let her go too long without feeding her then she'll go crazy. She'll keep crying and won't take my breasts because the letdown is not quick enough for her. She's basically freaking out because she's hungry. Whenever she gets like that, I have to give her the bottle to calm her down a bit. Once she's calm down and is drowsy, she'll happily latch on to my breast to go to sleep.

She still likes to sleep in her bouncer and would grunt and squirm all night long if I put her in the co-sleeper. On good nights she'll wake up every 3-4 hours at night, eat, then go right back to sleep. On bad nights she will wake up every hour or stay awake and fuss for 2 hours before going back to sleep. Two hours of screaming seem like an eternity at 3 in the morning.

***************************************************
We are prepping Ky-An for toilet training. He's always running away and hide when he needs to poop and if you follow him, he'll run away and yell "Nooooooo". That's a pretty big hint so whenever Hieu sees him do that, he'll scoop him up and take him to the bathroom. We have those little toilet seats for him so he sits on there. He whines for a bit because I guess he's scare of the big toilet but would actually do his job there. He gets excited after he's done and keep looking down. He also like to flush the toilet. We also empty his diapers in the toilet and let him flush so that he can get an idea that's where stuff is suppose to go. He loves it and goes "bye bye" "bye bye" whenever he flushes.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oh you sound just like me when I had my second one.... Ai-Vy sounds like a mamma's gal =)

Do you have any help you can get?

Don't feel bad for neglecting Ky-An... it's tough when you have a baby who needs you. Just try & get him involved as much as you can so that he doesn't feel left out.

asiangard said...

Yup, Kai-LI will run away or say "go away" when she is pooping! ha ha
It is really hard to go out with a newborn, especially since they had such a short attention span! They will start screaming in the store just waiting in line to check out!
But don't worry, it will get better as she gets older.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so jelous. I wish Jayden would be more open to the potty. Even when I catch the tell tale signs, it's too late to get him to the potty. He poops in the blink of an eye! Oh well.