Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First family outing

We had our first family outing today to take the kids to the doctor's office. Ky-An needed to get his chicken pox shot since he couldn't get it at one year because I was pregnant. They said sometimes the child can get sick after the shots and the virus can cause miscarriage or early birth. So now that I gave birth, he's due for his shot and Ai-Vy is there for her 2 weeks check-up because our pediatrician had no priveledge at the hospital I delivered at. He hasn't seen Ai-Vy since she was born and I feel better after he did an examination on her.

Everything went well with Ai-Vy, she's actually 7 pounds now!! That's a huge weight gain from when she was born. I was so happy because I was worry I didn't have enough milk for her. I was hoping she'll gain an ounce or two but didn't expect such a big increase. My sister said I must have good milk. I told her maybe it's just fattening! Her height is only 19 inches though, not the 19 3/4 inches they measured at the hospital. She's still petite but proportional. Her statistics were 25% all around. I think that's how Ky-An was too and then he shot up to 95% after 2 months. I hope it's the same for Ai-Vy. She was a good little baby and hardly cry when they examine her nor when they had to strip her. She did poop twice while she was there and they had to take her blood for the second part of the newborn screening.

Ky-An also did well. I brought his favorite book and he was pointing out all the animals when he got his shots. He was shocked at first and whined a bit. More whining and a little tear came out for the second shot but it's quickly over. He didn't wail and was a very good boy throughout the visit.

The doctor's visit cost us $40 co-pay! Ky-An didn't even get to see the doctor, he only saw the nurse for his shots. The 2 kids are in one time slot and are in one waiting room. I know that we have to pay for 2 kids but it's a shocker and I just want to gripe a little.

It took Hieu and I all morning to prepare and pack for the kids to go out. We tried to remember everything but still forgot the hot water to heat up Ai-Vy's formula. Hieu packed our big Sherpa diaper bag and it was still all cramped. We left the house at 10:45 for our 11:30 appointment but still arrive at the doctor's office late. It wasn't really our fault though, there was construction and traffic on the way. We called them and they said if we don't make it there by 11:45, we may have to reschedule for the next day. I dreaded it and tell Hieu to please try to make it because I do not want to get both kids ready again tomorrow. It's a lot of work and I got tired just thinking about it. Get them ready, dressed them, take turn get us ready, dressing ourselves, then pack the bag, and get the kids in the car. Whew!!! Luckily we made it in time and didn't have to reschedule. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I read your post and couldn't help but laugh. Sorry. LOL Welcome to my world. It does get easier the more you do it. You'll get a routine down. I promise. hehe