It's 12:48 a.m in the morning and I should be going to bed because I have to wake up in 4 hours to head to the hospital...but I miss my little baby too much. :( I really don't know how the parents who send their babies back to China or Vietnam do it. It just kills me and I cried on the way home after dropping him off at the babysitter's this evening.
The day has been a hectic one and Ky-An's schedule got thrown off all day...poor baby. First Hieu and my work try to cram in one last thing for us to do before we have to be off so we were both busy trying to find time to finish work and spend quality time with Ky-An at the same time. Ky-An got tired at about 10 a.m. and starts fussing so I decide he should take a nap. He usually doesn't sleep until 1p.m. but I guess he didn't get enough sleep all weekend so he was tired. He slept until almost 1p.m. and Hieu took him to his work to upload some files and pick up some chick-fil-a for lunch. We didn't eat until 2p.m. so that threw his whole schedule off because he usually eat dinner at about 4 or 5p.m. Hieu tried to put him down for another nap at about 3:30p.m. but he fought it and keep on screaming until 4:30. I was trying to finish up some work in the study and keep hearing him screaming so I finally tell Hieu to bring him out because it's time for his dinner anyway.
Hieu gave him a bath and fed him the rest of the soup we got for him at chick-fil-a as a snack. We decide to head out for dinner because it'll be our last one for a while so we went to SaltGrass at about 6:30p.m. Ky-An usually gets his evening bottle by now but because he's been such a picky eater, I want him to be able to eat so I held off on the milk. The poor boy was so tired that he fell asleep on the short car ride there and didn't wake up until after the food came. I ordered him so macaroni and cheese but he didn't touch any of it. The poor boy was too tired and I don't blame him.
After dinner we had to go to Wal-mart close to there to get him some diapers and more milk for the babysitter. I was upset she didn't call me until after we left that she needed some diaper for him. We had several packages of diapers at home and now I have to buy one at FULL PRICE!!! Hah..imagine that! :P Plus my baby is tired and needs to go to bed but the checkout line took forever!
We gave him some milk in the car but he was awake and we made it to our babysitter's house at 8:30p.m. After giving her all the instructions and his evening schedule that I printed up for her, we hugged and hugged him before he left. He was happily playing with our babysitter's daughter and didn't seem too bother that we left. I am glad he's distracted because I don't know what I would do if he start crying for us. Probably just scoop him up and take him with us to the hospital..hehe. I did cry on the way home and Hieu said he had a lump in his throat also. This first separation is extremely hard on us.
My friend just found out she's having a son on Friday so we had to meet up with her today so she can give me all her older daughter's clothes. We were on the phone the whole evening trying to coordinate where to meet because we were both running around. Finally we met up with her after we dropped Ky-An off and got the stuff. We didn't get home until 9:30p.m. and Hieu has to go pull gas, get things to the car, etc. While we were doing all this running around, people were calling us like crazy adding to the chaos. Most were wishing us luck and we appreciate it but it just make the evening even crazier.
During lunch time today I also found out that some of my Extra Care Bucks from CVS are expiring this Saturday! What the heck??!!! I thought I had taken care of all those, how did I overloook these??!! I had to work up a quick scenario deal and manage to buy some diapers and get about $7 back even though I used $12. Oh well...at least I got stuff I need.
I just took a shower and is all shaven. For those of you who don't know, they shave you down there when you have a c-section! I didn't know it the first time and they did it dry so it wasn't fun. In addition, they put the razor on your hospital bill and it's way overpriced! I swear I paid $30 for 2 Tylenols last tiem. After that with Ky-An and Ai-Vy, I make sure I do it myself!
I don't even know if I can sleep tonight without Ky-An next to me and his snoring. I asked the babysitter to call me after he went to sleep tonight and she told me he didn't sleep until 9:30p.m. However, he didn't cry or anything and just drank his milk then go back to sleep. I am so glad to hear that and I hope he'll adjust well in the next few days also. Even though we had a hectic day today, Ky-An got lots of attention, hugs, and kisses from mom and dad so we accomplish our goal.
Can't believe I'll be a mother of two tomorow!!!! Yikes!!!
4 comments:
Oh, no finally. I think you must have deliver by the time I read this. Share with us her picture soon! And I am glad that Ky-An is coping well. All the best for your maternity. Don't blog if you are tired.
All the best!! You'll be in my thoughts and we look forward to hearing from you when you get back home...... how exciting!!!
You probably had your beautiful baby daughter by now!!! HUGS!!!
It sounds like you guys did so well. That is great. He'll be so happy to see you and meet his new baby sister!
I can't wait to see your next post! I want to see pictures!
Post a Comment