Sunday, July 15, 2007

This week's deals

This week I decide to buy stuff that we need to stock up on and got some great deals on diapers.

Last Sunday I went to CVS to get a Schick Quattro razor, Playtex Sports tampon, and 5 crest toothpastes for $2.44 and got $18 ECB to spend for next week. Then on Hieu's card I got another Schick Quattro razor, Carefree pantiliners, 3 Oral-B toothbrush, and 1 crest toothpaste for $3.44 and got $16.99 ECB back for next week. Hieu said I can't buy anymore toothpaste because we can't use that many. I told him if they give me money to get it or if I can get it for free, I will. Furthermore, we can always donate them or give them away to family so why not?

Last Wednesday I read about how CVS has a B2G1 Free for Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner and if you use th2 B1G1 Free coupon from the newspaper, it will be virtually free! I went out during lunch and decide to try it out and it worked! I got 6 sunsilk shampoo & conditioner bottles, 1 12-pk of Charmin toilet paper, 2 Arm & Harmer laundry detergent and the total was negative! I couldn't even use all my coupons and had to throw in a pack of gum to bring my total up to $0.77. I should have bought something else to bring up the total and use all my coupons with the purchase. I brought all the stuff home and Hieu told me I can't put it in the garage because "there's no room". It's a 3-car garage for goodness sake. One of the garage is reserved for all his tools and junk. I have a little corner where I put all the laundry detergent that I stock up (maybe 5 bottles) and he complained there's no room. I was little miffed so he said he just meant not until he can put more shelves in. He tries to be supportive of my couponing and also have been trying out generics and watching his money when he go pick up something at the grocery store but I don't think he really understand it. I am not going to let that stop me though. I like getting all these bargains and seeing our money stretch further.

I read on HotCouponWorld that some Wal-mart re-stocked the Pantene clearance and we can use the $5/3 coupon as well as the new B1G1 Free so I went to our Wal-mart to see if there's any left and got another 6 bottles for $1.08.

I also read about some great deals from Target so I went there to get some Pampers Feel n' Learn, lunchables for 25 cents each, baby food, Gilette shaving gel, and French mustard for free! I got 3 Jumbo Feel n' Learn packages (normally price at $9.54) and 3 Kandoo wipes with all those other stuff for $17.51.

I thought that was a pretty good deal until I received a bunch of Pampers and Target $5 off $20 coupons from a kind lady on HotCouponWorld. The forum also helped me figure out how to get the best deal with these coupons so I venture to Target after work on Friday and hope to get a nice cashier. I load my cart up with diapers and wipes and walked toward the check-out line. The first cashier looks difficult so I passed, the second is an Indian middle-age lady so I passed also. They tend to be a little critical and difficult with coupons. I finally picked a young lady who was chatting with another co-worker. I overheard and she seem unhappy with her job. That may work for the best because they won't care what coupons I used. I load up the diapers and wipes on the conveyor belt and grouped them together according to the coupon. I asked the cashier if she would like me to give her the coupons as she scan the stuff or at the end. She took one group of coupons from me, looked over them and said she'll scan it all in at once. She was so great! She scanned about 50 coupons for me in no time and was pleasant the whole time! I never had such a great experience. The total before coupons was $163 and I end up only paying $74.77 for 14 packs of Jumbo diapers and 14 box of wipes! That's $5.34 for each set of diapers and wipes. I was so excited of my good deal.

I was excited about this Sunday's CVS deal on diapers also so I coudn't wait to get to the store on Sunday. I got 3 packs if jumbo Huggies Jumbo, 1 shout laundry spot remover, 3 Excedrin boxes for $5.71 and get $30 ECBs for next week. On Hieu's card I got 4 12-pk of Cottonelle toilet paper, 1 8-pk Viva towel paper and paid NOTHING for it. I also got $15 ECB for next week.

Some other great deals I got this week was Imperial sugar for 84 cents at Kroger after they triple my 35 cents coupon. I got 3 box of zip-loc bags for $1.60 and 4 box of Reynolds foil for free.

I hope you guys are enjoying reading about my deals. I am pretty proud of them but I am starting to catch some negativity from my family about it. They keep teasing me about my coupons and call me the "coupon queen". It was funny at first but it's now getting old. They enjoy the deals but likes to make fun of me for spending so much time perusing the stores. I tried to tell my oldest sister about the deals but instead of trying to do it, she said she'll just come and "shop" and my little store. Nice.....

4 comments:

Milk or Juice said...

I really respect those who take out the time to look for deals and save money. I used to be on tradingmamas.com when Tristan was first born... I did so much trading I did not have to take out a single dollar for formula. However, after he started drinking whole milk, I got lazy and stopped trading, I think I need to get back into it, I started surfing HCW after I read your post! Thanks for the inspiration!

asiangard said...

I do love reading about your deals! I wish that the store I go to would double coupons! They are so stingy there!

Elizabeth said...

I'm not a seasoned couponer like you so I still get stuck. I didn't see anything that looked like a good deal last week so I passed and held on to my 15ECB. This week looked a little better, but spending my ECB will not lead to getting more to spend next week? How did that happen?

Elizabeth said...

I take it back. My total was around 51. My OOP was 17 and I got 12ECB. I was pretty proud of myself. Plus, I went to Target to cash in my gerber coupons and got 26 containers of baby food for under 2.75 and I got a $5/$25 coupon back. Woo-hoo!