Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ky-An is off the bottle!!!!

Ky-An still get his last bottle in the evening and I've been trying to take him off it. I finally decide to do it today and give him only the sippy in the evening and he took it just fine! I was so excited when he didn't fuss and went to sleep just fine. The only thing is that he wanted the sippy right before sleeping, after he brush his teeth. I am not sure what's better for him at this point, give him the bottle before brushing his teeth or take him off the bottle but he gets a sippy to sleep. I tried to give him a water sippy instead of milk for bed but he just take one sip, look at the sippy and put it aside. He would roll around for over an hour until he gets his milk and then go to sleep.

I guess I will just keep giving the sippy and then transition him to water later. One step forward, one step back!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good for you and for Ky-An. I have a confession to make. Jayden takes his sippy of milk to bed every night and falls asleep with it. How bad is that?

Grace said...

Good boy Ky-An! Great job!!! I used to just give my boys one bottle before bedtime and slowly that was taken away....