I am in charge of the web content management system at work and we've switched to a new one since the beginning of this year. I came back from my maternity leave in January and was suppose to go to the training soon afterward so I am knowledgeable in maintaining this software.
I've been dreading it and my boss has been super understanding and let me decide on when I want to go. We both know that I need to go soon but she is so great at not pushing me because she understands how hard it is for me to go out-of-state with two young ones. If they are more independent then it wouldn't have been a problem but can't even put Ai-Vy down to sleep. In addition, Ky-An cries every night if he wakes up and I am not there.
I've been debating on what to do with this training and weighed all my options. We tried to ask our babysitter to come along but she can't. We tried to ask to ask her daughter to come along to help but she has school. Then Hieu thought maybe he can stay home with the kids and her daughter can come over to help him in the evening. I thought about this for a couple of days but soon realize it's not going to work because Hieu can't hear neither of the kids when they wake up at night. He is not going to make it if both kids wake up crying at the same time.
I even contacted the training center to see if I can just get the training book or if they have in-state training. It's a no on both so I am back on square one.
My little sister had a little break this summer before starting her new job so I decide it would be the best time. Hieu is still uncertain of taking the kids to Chicago for a whole week. I talked it over with my boss to see what she thinks and she pushed me to go ahead. She told me she did the same thing when her kids are young so there's no going back. Amazingly I found out that we've accumulated enough miles over the years for 5 round-trip tickets to Chicago! I persuaded my oldest sister and her family to come along and hang out with Hieu and the kids. Fortunately they agreed when I offered to paid for 2 of their tickets with my free miles. Then my sister's friend also wants to come so I got tickets for everyone.
Everything is going into place and I can't be happier. I finally get this training over with, Hieu will have some help with the kids, and the kids get to hang out with their cousins and have lots of fun. We rented a townhouse for the week because I wanted the kids to be as comfortable as they can when we are away from home. I don't think they will last in a cramped hotel where one can't make any noise as the other one naps. We have lots of things to pack and get ready for the trip but I am excited. I think Ky-An will have so much fun riding on "Big Jet" and visiting a new city.
2 comments:
Oh I'm glad it all worked out. It can be like a mini vacation. First time on a plane for Ky-An? I can't wait to get Jayden on a plane, especially now that he gets it.
When I read the title, I thought out of United States. LOL!
So not so bad after all.
Enjoy and relax!
Post a Comment