Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July Deals and Couponing

I've been so unmotivated about going to CVS and Walgreens lately. My poor sister would call me and excitedly tell my about deals or whether I've ran my deals or not and I am just blah about it. Maybe part of it is because I don't really need anymore bodywash, razors, gum, floss, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, etc and just don't want to run out to get anymore even if they are free. I know I am blessed to have such a good stockpile of all these things but it has made me lazy going after these deals.

CVS:
  • My favorite towel paper, Viva, was on sale this week for $4.99 after Extra Bucks so I stocked up on them. I also had a raincheck last time it was on sale for $5.29 so I used it to get 4 packs and use $1/1 manufacturer coupons I traded on top of that.
    ~ 4 packs of Viva @ 5.29 = $21.16
    ~ Used a $4/$20 = $17.16
    ~ 4 $1/1 manufacturer coupons = $13.76
    I used ECBs and gift card to pay for that and got $8 Extra bucks back.

  • 7/6 - Oil of Olay is on sale: Buy $20 get $10 ECB. I got 4 Regenerist facewash wipes for $5.99 each:
    ~4 Regenerist facewash @ $5.99 = $23.96
    ~ minus 4 $3/1 mnf coupon = $11.96
    ~ get $10 Extra Bucks back

  • Their 10 oz Oil of Olay Ribbons are also on clearance for $2.50 and there are $2 coupons out so I got each bottle for $.50. These are my little sister's favorite bodywash so it's a great deal.


  • CVS facewash wipes was only suppose to give back $1 ECB but there was a glitch so it was giving $2.99 back making it FREE. I had a $3/$15 skin care coupon so I got 5 packs and made $3.
  • They had Trident extra gum B1G1F for $.149. I had a B1G1F coupon so it makes the gum FREE AND I get $1 ECB back for every 2 I buy!

  • Stayfree is on sale for $4.50 and if you buy $20, get $10 ECB. I have some B1G1F coupons so this is what I did:
    ~ 6 Stayfree @ $4.50 each = $27
    ~ 3 B1G1F coupons = -$13.50
    ================================
    ~ Total = $3.50 and Got a $10 ECB

    Some people used a $2/2 and $1/1 on top of the BOGO coupon but I never had any luck doing that. It's a totally legitimate way to use those coupons but a lot of the people just had a hard time wrapping their head around it.

  • Band-Aids..more Band-Aids $1.99 - $1 mnf coupon = $.99 and get $1 ECB.

Kroger:

  • I bought 12 packs of Kool-Aids for $.10 each = $1.20
    ~ 4 cheese @ $3.79 each = $15.16
    ~ 4 Planters cocktail @ $2.85 each = $11.44
    --------------------------------------------------
    Subtotal: $27.80
    ~ Used 4 Free Cheese wyb Kraft = -$15.16
    ~ Used 3 $3/1 Planters nuts = - $9
    ================================
    ~ Total = $3.64 and Got a $5 catalina On my next order
  • Next week I got
    4 Planters Honey Roasted Nuts @ $3.29 = $13.16
    12 packs of Kool-Aids @ $.20 = $2.40
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub-total = $15.56
    - 3 $4 Planters coupons = $12
    ===============================
    Total = $3.56 and Got another $5 catalina On my next order



  • 7/9 - There is a sale of $3 off instantly wyb 3 P&G items. Limit is 3 deals per transaction so I did the following twice:

    8 Herbal essences shampoo/conditioner = $20
    1 Pampers wipes $2.69
    -------------------------------------------
    Subtotal = $22.69
    - (3) $3 off automatically = -$9
    - 4 $3/2 Herbal Essence coupon = -$12
    - $.50 Pampers wipes that double = -$1
    ==================================
    Total = $0.69

    AND there are specially marked bottles that when you buy 2, they'll send you a voucher for manicure/pedicure. Limit of 2 vouchers per household.


Walgreens:


  • On 7/27, Walgreens had a sale on Olay bodywash where you buy $20 and get a $7RR. I passed on the deal just because I will have to end up paying about $4 for 6 Olay Botanical bodywash!! It's still a pretty good deal but I just thought about having to go to the store, pay 4 whole dollars and bring home 6 more bottles of bodywash that I have no more room in the cabinet for. I may change my mind later on the week and just do the deal..who knows.

    ETA - They sent out a $5/$20 on Thursday so I changed my mind. ^_^

  • 4 Boxes of Ziploc bags @ $2.50 each = $10
    ~ Used 2 $1.50/2 mnf coupon = -$3
    ~ Used $1/2 Walgreens EasySaver (ESR) coupon = -$2
    ================================
    ~ Total = $5 for 4 boxes

  • 4 Boxes of Glad Saran wraps @ $1.99 each = $7.96
    Get $4 RR back so $3.96 for 4 boxes of 200 sq ft saran wrap.


  • Pantene are on sale 2 for $8. I bought 2 and used (2) $2 coupons on them = $4. There is a rebate for $4 for 2 bottles so FREE Pantene!

  • They also had Crayola markers and g2 pens for FREE after rebate. Ky-An was very happy to get new markers. :)
  • Walgreens had a bunch of Jr. Maalox on clearance for $3.19. There is a $2 mnf coupon and another $2 coupon in their EasySaver book. For every box I buy, I get $.81 overage! I use the overage to buy some Dixie plates that was on sale for $3.79 and B1G1F so I end up paying about $1 including tax for each 2 sets of Dixie plates.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have lots of weeks like that. I know how you feel. Sometimes, my girlfriend will say this is only $1after the coupon and I think why should I pay $1 when I can get it for free? Is that bad or what?

Lauren said...

Tag! You're in! Check out my blog!

Anonymous said...

That is an impressive stockpile! It's amazing how much free shampoo is on offer week in and week out :)

BTW, I found you here via HCW. I'm maeby on there :)