Ai-Vy:
This has been a huge month for mobility! Our chubster is rolling, scooting and halfway crawling around. Boy what a hand full she is :) She's still our smilling sweety. In addition to the new range of "words" sounds that she's able to make, she also growl at us if she's not happy w/ something.
Ai-Vy is an expert crawler now and crawls everywhere. She can also pull herself to a standing position and walk from one point to another holding on something. Hieu keeps commenting on how she's too small to be walking. We are just used to Ky-An's size because he didn't start walking until his first birthday and he was much bigger than her.
Because she's so mobile, it's harder to get her to settle down and go to sleep. Even with her eyes closed, she still roll all around the bed trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. If I leave her rolling around then eventually she'll wake herself up and gets mad. I either have to hold her and swing her until she's asleep or hold her tight enough to keep her from rolling but able to do everything else. If she's not drowsy enough then she gets really mad if I hold her down and will protest.
She's very clingy to me and it's sad in the work mornings when I am running around trying to get ready. She'll crawl around chasing after me. Hieu or I usually feel bad seeing her crawl around and pick her up. I also have to run around getting ready without me seeing her or Hieu has to distract me or she'll start grunting and screaming at my direction until I pick her up. It's very sweet and I love it but it's hard for me to get anything done.
She still wakes up twice a night, once at midnight and once at about 3 or 4 a.m. She usually would just drink her bottle and goes back to sleep. She likes cuddling with me at night but only enough to be drowsy then she wants to be on her own going to sleep. We put her in Hieu's twin bed now and she seem to sleep better and not stir everytime I stir. She's also very mobile when she sleeps. I often jerk myself up to check and she where she is on the bed.
I think she'll be an early talker also because she's already saying "me me" whenever she wants me and "nah nah" when she doesn't want something. She also likes to imitate whatever noise we make at her.
Ky-An:
Ky-An is showing his passive-aggressive side. He'll play nicely and lovingly with his little sister but as soon as she touches his stuff or messes with him, he'll push her. He's also at the stage when he gets mad at us, he'll try to blow at us to show his frustration. However, he hasn't learn how to blow properly and uses his top teeth to bite his lower lip when he blows so it comes out as "Ffffffff ffffffffffffff" and saliva everywhere. This morning he showed me a dolphin and said "fish". I said "no, it's a dolphin". He argued with me for a while and got mad and blew at me.
He has such a great imagination also and I just love seeing what he comes up with next. He will take his train and pretend it's a dolphin or some other animal. There was a couple of weeks where he'll take his pjama pants everywhere with him and make all kind of animals with it. He'll put it on the ground and scurry it along to make a worm, a capterpilla. He'll flap the legs and say it's a butterfly. Or he'll put it in front of him wiggling it and say it's a fish, a dolphin, or a snake. Very imaginativeThis has been a huge month for mobility! Our chubster is rolling, scooting and halfway crawling around. Boy what a hand full she is :) She's still our smilling sweety. In addition to the new range of "words" sounds that she's able to make, she also growl at us if she's not happy w/ something.
No comments:
Post a Comment