Monday, July 14, 2008

I got a freezer!!!

I've been thinking about getting a deep freezer for a while. After I read a thread about how a freezer doesn't cost much more money in electricity, I decide to go ahead and go for it. We looked at all the department store and Craig's list. The issue of where to put it deter us for a while. I then found a great deal on Craig's List and we decided to go for it. It's a stand up freezer that is about the same size as my fridge and is listed for $80.


We drove to another city, Katy, that is about 45 minutes away. By the time we got there, both kids are asleep so I asked Hieu to go in and look at it. I asked him to ask if they would take $50. If not and if it's in a good condition then just go a head and buy it. He came back out after about 15 minutes and told me they'll sell it to us for $60. I thought that's what they counter with and Hieu agreed. I found out later that Hieu started out offering them $60 and they accepted! Talk about a big chicken. LOL.

The fridge was too big to put in the van with the kids in it so Hieu paid them and told them we'll be back to pick it up. Hieu and his little brother went there after work on Monday while I stayed home, took care of both kids, and put them to bed. It's so awesome and I can't wait to buy things to put in it.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Woo-Hoo! A victory for any stockpiler! Good news. I'm excited for you!

Grace said...

Just make sure you don't end up freezing too much and forgetting what you have! We have 3 stand up freezers, only because we need it for DH's job... I then realized, I kept freezing and still buying the same things .. LOL!

JANE4girls said...

you came all the way to Katy and didn't want to meet me, lol?

that is a great deal. I got one last year for $80 off craigs list too, but outgrew it in a year.

Looks like yours is a nice big one.